What do you put in your jersey pockets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For those who wear jerseys of course...

Me, very little really. Most stuff, spares, pump, waterproof are all tucked behind the saddle, so in my jersey pockets are phone in a case with card and money, keys, tissues, some kind of snack bar. longer journeys see more food, maybe a better waterproof but not much else.

You?

lippy
:girl:

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I have a rule. I think of a top cricketer such as Ben Stokes. I then think of the things going into my jersey pockets and imagine throwing them as hard as he can at my back.

I then leave out anything that will hurt/dig in. I don't fall off very often and definitely wouldn't want any thing doing unnecessary damage to my delicate person!

I have a small, old Nokia. I carry a bandana in summer if my head has too much sun. On this note, a small sample bottle of factor 30. Tissue (hay fever), and perhaps a disposable glove in case I have to do anything with the chain.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you ride the Cape Argus race in Cape Town with a banana in your jersey pocket you will be warned to remove it because the baboons who sit by the road will spot it and jump on you to grab it. They don't ask politely either.

Baboon1-web.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Phone, money, hanky and keys.

The rest, tools, tube etc go in a case on the spare water bottle holder.

jayonabike