What does your Avatar mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
This post reminded me to put my old avatar back on, i removed it ages ago for reasons i can't remember now...anyway...

1930 Chevrolet pickup truck, still in daily use in Uruguay (the owners obviously very patriotic, thats the Uruguayan flag on the door)

I was so taken with all the old cars and trucks while i was there, i took loads of photos. The oldest was a circa 1910 Rugby i suppose you'd call it a sedan, those old big wheels and a concertina top like something out of a Keystone cops film, still running, chuffing down the roads.

But the Chevvy just did something for me...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My user name originally stemmed from my other bike, the Harley Davidson FXSTB Night Train.

Utter pile of crap company who couldn't make a good bike even if the the Japanese offered to make it for them and have no concept of 'customer service' nor 'fit for purpose'.

On all other forums, bar one, I use a more appropriate user name.

I can't help but laugh, reminds me of the only Harley experience I had. Who builds a gearbox that can engage two gears at once for pete's sake?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I guess the young 'uns won't recognise mine. It comes from the highly successful Weetabix advertising campaign in the 80s. The characters are from the "Weetabix Club". They were cool - and for years we all went round saying "If you know what's good for you..." and "OK".
That's Brian the (skinhead) Weetabix hanging upside down - he was the one who said "OK", and was named after an ex-boyfriend of mine :thumbsup:

Now I've exhausted my Weetabix trivia, I'll tell you about my avatar. For a short period of time it was a photo of a flower of fear, best described by Noodley as looking like: "Jesus, wearing a bonnet, playing a trumpet."

But the photographer asked for us to respect his copyright, so I found another scary flower.

Anyway, everyone's avatars will be changing soon, for Christmas :evil:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
One of the first things I found on a Google image search of "Skoda bicycle" was this::laugh:

Nasty ! :biggrin: Had a little look using Lauren & Klement but found very little info of the cycle era in Skoda's history.I have been to the museum and they do have some bikes there.
They branded the top end special edition cars L & K in the mid 90's starting with the Felicia and then the Octavia,both top notch with leather and all the toys.

bike_lanes_fall.jpg

pepecat

Mine is one of our cats, Freddie, when he was smaller.

Mine indicates that I am destined to spend my life scanning distant horizons for the unrecognisable, seeking that complete happiness which is there only to those that have taken it with them, but the paradox is that this elusive concept is only obtainable to those whom are at rest, content and seek nothing.
Eventually, lonely, despairing and desolate, I will be sliced into a pan of hot fat with some eggs, bacon and tomatoes.

(But really I first saw it on a French fungus gatherers' forum and it amused me.)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's the iris that my mother-in-law bred and named after me. It won an Award of Garden Merit from the RHS when it was trialled at Wisley (which is where I took the photo), and this year's Dykes medal from the British Iris Society. For all those of you who are members of the BIS, you'll see the picture much bigger when you get your yearbook.

Top Bottom