What does your significant other think of your cycling hobby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What does your significant other think of your cycling hobby, I know some of you on here spend a vast amount of time on your bikes whilst some much less or just for commuting, so would be interesting to see different people's stories. Do they support it? Do they think it's excessive and that you spend too much time on the bike? Or do they share your hobby?

vickster

Legendary Member
Don't have one...not beholden to anyone...makes life FAR easier (in every way ;) )

si_c

Guru
Mine tolerates it, she's got no problem with me going out for a ride any time I want, but bikes in the house is a sore point :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Is that not lonely?
Not really no, I work and have family and friends. People in relationships get lonely too (plus plenty of grief potentially)

Did you read similar thread this https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/training-on-three-hours-a-week-according-to-the-wife.267609/

OP
OP
O

oreo_muncher

Not really no, I work and have family and friends. People in relationships get lonely too (plus plenty of grief potentially)
But when you're a wrinkled prune and sitting in an armchair all day- who are you going to talk to? I don't think you'll be on the phone talking to people all day to keep you company.

vickster

Legendary Member
But when you're a wrinkled prune and sitting in an armchair all day- who are you going to talk to? I don't think you'll be on the phone talking to people all day to keep you company.
Charming :rolleyes: I'll hopefully have plenty of hobbies, potentially live in a retirement community, or a village...or somewhere hot and sunny in a community. Who knows

Men have a shorter life expectancy...many more widows than widowers ;) At least I won't have to go through that heartbreak

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Mine tolerates it, she's got no problem with me going out for a ride any time I want, but bikes in the house is a sore point :laugh:

Given my sons / my Zwift set-up's in between the joint living / dining room mine's accepted it.

She complains occasionally, particularly if there's bikes/stuff everywhere, but given I'm supposed to be dead by now* she has me as a bonus :whistle:

* Currently I'm 9 years past the doctor's 'terminal life' date due to better diet, weight loss and better blood pressure. Riding my bike has been the significant contributing factor. She occasionally points out that whilst I've spent a balance (purchases - sales) of £12k and my bikes/kit areworth 2/3 of that she'd have been better off if I'd died due to life insurance and pension values :ohmy:

Top Bottom