What does your significant other think of your cycling hobby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Musings on a dull Saturday in relation to cycling and significant others.
I stopped to offer assistance to a cyclist with a broken down bike at the roadside this afternoon. He politely thanked me for stopping and said he had called his wife and she would be along very soon. As I got back on my way I realised this had been the response on two previous occasions when I'd offered assistance. This caused my thoughts to wander, as a single guy with no 'phone, it made me wonder if I should be cycling beyond walking distance from home. If I'd had a wife and 'phone, would she have come to my rescue that time I was immobilised with a front axle problem in an unpronouncable village in the Czech Republic some three weeks into a tour with no particular destination in mind? Or perhaps more importantly would I ever have been cycling in the Czech Rep if I'd had a wife?
Aye, it makes you wonder.:whistle:

I think on the whole, you'll be OK.

I dont have 'a wife' yet still seem to cope OK in these situations, however far from home.

A modicum of mechanical skill, ingenuity, and even the neck to ask for help occasionally, has carried me through many a situation whilst on the 'open road'.

Perhaps, having 'a wife' makes one go a bit soft... :rolleyes:

I can trebuchet over some normandy-style slow-cooked pork, mashed potato, apple sauce and braised red cabbage if you want... ;)

Thank you :okay:

I got hungry first, so it was mixed roasted veg, a medley of kale, Angus chipolatas, and onion gravy :hungry:

Just room for a couple of squares of dark chocolate now..
You know the stuff with the freeze dried raspberries contained therein. ^_^

Thank you :okay:

I got hungry first, so it was mixed roasted veg, a medley of kale, Angus chipolatas, and onion gravy :hungry:

Just room for a couple of squares of dark chocolate now..
You know the stuff with the freeze dried raspberries contained therein. ^_^

Mmmm, that sounds good.

Sorry about the delay, I was listening to the football on the radio. My team lost, hey ho...

Oh, and I took the hybrid today, rather than the MTB, and scrumped a pannier-full of quinces. Yesterday I was out on the MTB and had to resort to sticking them down the front of my jacket... :whistle:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mmmm, that sounds good.

Sorry about the delay, I was listening to the football on the radio. My team lost, hey ho...

Oh, and I took the hybrid today, rather than the MTB, and scrumped a pannier-full of quinces. Yesterday I was out on the MTB and had to resort to sticking them down the front of my jacket... :whistle:

Sounds good.

Edit, apart from the sporting dissapointment...

Oh no they lost !? !?

OK - somewhat feigned concern :blush:

I'm invited out to roast dinner with #1 son tomorrow.

A just perfect appetiser of a 12 mile country ride to get there.

Happy Sundays :okay:

Last edited:
Sounds good.

Edit, apart from the sporting dissapointment...

Oh no they lost !? !?

OK - somewhat feigned concern :blush:

I'm invited out to roast dinner with #1 son tomorrow.

A just perfect appetiser of a 12 mile country ride to get there.

Happy Sundays :okay:

One of our few "not separated at birth" moments :laugh:

Love my sports. :blush: But if everyone was the same, yadda, yadda, yadda...

And yup, that ride'll definitely get you in the mood for a good nosh-up :hungry:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
One of our few "not separated at birth" moments :laugh:

Love my sports. :blush: But if everyone was the same, yadda, yadda, yadda...

And yup, that ride'll definitely get you in the mood for a good nosh-up :hungry:

Indeed so.

And given my long list of enthusiasms, I'm not sure I'd have time for sport as well

Although 'pparently 'our' local team triumphed on the international stage today..

Huzzah..!!! :okay:
Or whatever it is you say :blush:

OK - Sound advice there @Reynard :okay:
I'm not going to argue with that.

Sweet 'sport free' dreams :blush:

Nunnight, sleep tight xxx :smile:

Johnsco

Old Fettler
It was my partner who encouraged me: "WHY DON'T YOU GET YOUR OLD BIKE GOING ?"
Easier said than done.
My 1960s Carlton was in a terrible state having sat neglected in the garage for over 30 years, having been trashed by my mate who'd borrowed it and pretty-much wrecked it.
During the lock-down, I did just what she said ..... I fettled-up my old Carlton .... A lot of work.
Since then I've rediscovered the joy of cycling.
My partner is a cyclist also.
No problem keeping bicycle in house.
Mine stands beside hers.
Any serious work gets done in my work-shop ---- The cellar.

Scott addict

WTF> You mean the ones showing a couple with some wrinkly old grumpy bloke and his long suffering partner :whistle:
I'm 61 are you guys younger than me? My wife thinks I do too much for my age,50 mile rides etc and she thinks i spend too much on cycling,just bought my third bike on Friday haha.

Top Bottom