What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spy.

Jason Statham does comedy, and Miranda Hart manages to go through the whole film without falling over or saying, "golly."

Nothing special, but an inoffensive enough way to pass some time if there's nothing else on.

5/10.

With that cast it should have been so much better. It was pretty lame, I really wanted to like it. Peter Hard Surname was wasted, he plays an Italian who, wait for it, is a lech and a bad driver! Lol lol lol. Or not, as you find it.

The Stath is a colossus of modern cinema and he deserves better than this.

Did you see the one where he falls in love with the nun and punches some people in the face? That was good. Same director wrote the script for that terrible film about the chef with Aaron Eckhart.

I think it's The Stath's range that appeals so tremendously. He's versatile but at the same time reliable.

Look.

Ok The Stath, give me the look of a man who realises he's in love with a nun:

d89b49fbff1ad0e471cc93459d47fc14.jpg

Now, the look of a man who can't remember where his keys are:

The man's a chameleon.

Attachments

• d89b49fbff1ad0e471cc93459d47fc14.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 31

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Conjuring (Prime Instant Video)
Pretty good supernatural horror film, featuring Ed (Patrick Wilson?) from the second series of Fargo - some decent scares, and good performances from the leads.

... and i don't think the writers/director of either have done anything better since.
Not even "No Country for Old Men"?

(Coens' filmography since "O Brother..." is "The Man Who Wasn't There", "Intolerable Cruelty", "The Ladykillers", "No Country for Old Men", "Burn After Reading", "A Serious Man", "True Grit", "Inside Llewyn Davis" and "Hail, Caesar". )

Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams was on't box last night, but there was a problem with the signal and only saw the first hour.

It was very captivating from the first minute, but I'll have to wait until I get the chance to see it again.

I'll post a score upon seeing the whole film.

Levo-Lon

Guru
12 years a slave...very thought provoking

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not even "No Country for Old Men"?

(Coens' filmography since "O Brother..." is "The Man Who Wasn't There", "Intolerable Cruelty", "The Ladykillers", "No Country for Old Men", "Burn After Reading", "A Serious Man", "True Grit", "Inside Llewyn Davis" and "Hail, Caesar". )
The Man Who Wasn't There is probably my favourite in that list, although I haven't seen any of their films since Burn After Reading. No Country for Old Men bored me senseless whilst everyone else raved about it.... it was like watching a low budget remake of The Terminator with all the fun bits taken out.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams was on't box last night, but there was a problem with the signal and only saw the first hour.

It was very captivating from the first minute, but I'll have to wait until I get the chance to see it again.

I'll post a score upon seeing the whole film.

Great, great film.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
The Man Who Wasn't There is probably my favourite in that list, although I haven't seen any of their films since Burn After Reading. No Country for Old Men bored me senseless whilst everyone else raved about it.... it was like watching a low budget remake of The Terminator with all the fun bits taken out.

At last someone who agrees with my view on that film.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cripes. A chacun son gout and that, but, cripes. Still, dull old world if everyone likes the same things though.

Top Bottom