What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Pride: 8/10. Set in the 80's during the miners' strike, a group of gays and lesbians pledge support to a Welsh mining town. Thought provoking and very funny in places

AndyRM

XOXO
They seldom are.

There is, apparently, an originally planned but changed ending which would have been incredible:

Instead [of the Predator Killer scene], McKenna, his son, Rory (played by Jacob Tremblay) and Casey Bracket (Olivia Munn) have all just survived the final attack of the Super Predator (referred to as “The Upgrade” in the script) when a helicopter lands. Out climbs…Dutch Schaeffer (Arnold Schwarzenegger), his “face haunted; etched by pain.” Dutch tells the trio to come with him, and when Rory asks, “Uh…me, too?”, the franchise’s second-most iconic badass smiles and says “Especially you.”

Profpointy

Legendary Member
snipped

Along similar lines, I recall the "Ice Cold In Alex" as being really good, but alas, not a copy to be found in the USA (where it's called "Desert Attack"). One day I'll have to get to that....

Ice cold in Alex is one of those truly perfect 10/10 films - a story set during a war but not a war film, perfect story, perfect script, perfect cast, and any frame of it could be hung on the wall as art.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ice cold in Alex is one of those truly perfect 10/10 films - a story set during a war but not a war film, perfect story, perfect script, perfect cast, and any frame of it could be hung on the wall as art.
Don't think much of the title tho', y'all. What shall we call it? I know! Desert Attack!

Gordon Bennett.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Gone Girl. Gets an utterly mystifying 8.1 on IMdB, despite being the biggest load of utterly shambolic nonsense I can recall. It all goes ok - quite well even - till about the half way mark, then someone must have got seriously stuck into the cokie jar, because from that point any shreds of logic or believability go right out the window.

Saw four films over the weekend.

Never Say Sever Again - for the first time, actually. Enjoyable but not too challenging (I know, they never are).

O Brother Where Art Thou? - seen for the second time and was as enjoyable as the first time some 20 years ago.

Wild Card - with Jason Statham. Same same but different, but worth watching.

And Man of Fire - Denzel Washington as an unlikely bodyguard; but entertaining, nonetheless.

Hotel transalvania 3 bla de bla de bla

Good but a bit of a naff ending.

Danger one, kept watching even after the first 10 minutes not sure why?

stephec

Legendary Member
Scarface.

Finally got round to watching this today, decent enough but I don't think it quite lives up to the hype.

6/10.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mechanic : Resurrection.

Usual mindlessly violent actiomer from the Stafe. The fisticuff scenes are pretty good, but poor weapons drills. The Weaver stance is so 1970s, everyone uses the combat/isoscoles stance these days.

4/10. Real rainy day material.

midlife

Guru
Was channel hopping and caught this... How many rounds did his silenced automatic have when he boarded the boat.. 70?

Turned over to Michael Palin in North Korea

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I tried to re-watch Taxi Driver after a break of about thirty years. It hadn't improved, but Robert De Niro looked pretty good and he didn't do his tedious shouty stuff. I hit the button after twenty minutes and went to bed.

Top Bottom