What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The Predator (2018).
I wasn't expecting much. Just prior to going, I saw it was produced by the same guy who made some other movie that i didnt think much of. I was almost not going to go but I needed to get out and watch a non-brain-requiring film.

I'm glad I went but I really don't recommend the film.

Drago

Legendary Member
Is there a minigun on The Predator? If so, I will go and see it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Was channel hopping and caught this... How many rounds did his silenced automatic have when he boarded the boat.. 70?

Turned over to Michael Palin in North Korea

It was a Glock 19, and fortunately the chap he stole it off wasn't worried about overloading the springs in the mag and had left it with a full 19. Jolly lucky, eh?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Skyscraper starring Dwayne Johnson. The CGI was good, but the film was short on story. A rather dull, boring and too long film. 5/10

Forbidden Planet.
According to many the greatest scifi movie ever made. That's my opinion too. Scared the crap out of me when I was a kid seeing it for the first time.
A lesson in becoming too dependent on technology, and however far we come we're still ruled by the most basic of instincts.
Leslie Nielsen doing drama, and Richard Anderson before he'd heard of Steve Austin. Apart from a few cringey moments it belies the fact it was made over 60 years ago.
10/10.

PS You can see where those Peugeot tail lights came from.

stephec

Legendary Member
Legend of The Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen

A cracking martial arts film that's a very loosely based remake of Fists of Fury.

Donnie Yen is our hero this time, fighting the Japanese with a twist, he wears a disguise as the Masked Warrior.

There's plenty of blood and over the top action, so not one to watch with your granny, and the opening scene is equal to the start of any Bond film.

9/10.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A Wrinkle In Time - a kids’ film that I had high hopes for. Don’t waste your time.

0.5/10

Kong: Skull Island
Apocalypse now meets King Kong.
Lesson 1 - If big monkey gets mad at 1 helicopter then keep the rest out of arms reach.
Apart from that a rattling cgi fest that ticks all the action boxes.
8/10.

Edit#1: With the bit that's tagged on to the end credits I wonder if there's a sequel coming?

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
Killing Guenther

A big pile of plop about a group of hitmen trying to kill another top hitman, it's supposed to be a comedy.

Even Arnie hamming it up in a dodgy syrup at the end couldn't save it.

3/10.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The wife. Glenn Close plays a blinder, like everyone says, and it's pretty good all in all. The central premise struck me as a bit implausible, but having gone with it, they followed it through with conviction. 7-8ish, I'd say.

Top Bottom