What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Me and Mrs_R eventually got round to watching Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Wow!

Excellent! We are off to Bamburgh in August to watch this outside after sunset on a big-screen setup.

Should be fun as long as it doesn't rain!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Fifty Shades Darker.

Dross. Zero chemistry between the two lead characters. Plot as thin as the knees of a worn out pair of jeans. And the alleged erotic tension was utterly tepid.

Could've been a good story with better characterisation and a plot that explored the interplay between two people as they embark on a steamy adventure together.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Family trip to the cinema to watch Captain Marvel.

It's decent, as long as you like superhero movies.
Brie Larson is excellent. Jude Law is good. Samuel L Jackson is, well, Samuel L Jackson.

A more interesting plot than some, but it does suffer a bit with bloated backstory.

6.723 /10

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fight Club. I can't talk about it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Two Worlds of Jenny Logan... a potentially dreadful TV movie from 1979, starring Lindsey Wagner and Marc Singer. A time-travel romance in which the time 'machine' is an antique dress. Lindsey (Jenny) dons the frock, gets a headache and goes back to 1899, falls in love with Marc Singer, flits between the two worlds a few times and ends up staying in the past... not actually as bad as it sounds, but it was pretty bad. (9/10) :biggrin:

Adam4868

Guru
Creepy is an understatement. The dread is relentless, and by the end I felt like I'd not been breathing for half an hour. Highly recommended.
Its next on my list ! I like the actor Sean Harris played a great Ian Curtis in Joy Division film.Think it was him anyway.?

Top Bottom