What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hitchington, 2 Sep 2012.

1. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Guru

X-men, The Last Stand

I'm not a big Marvel comics fan, although I have watched many of the films and did read the comics when I was (much) younger.

Mrs Cisamcgu and I watched the first two X-men films in the last few months, and we liked them enough to bother to watch this one. Well, we shouldn't have - dreadful story, plot holes the size of Wales, characters appearing and disappearing for no reason, little sense of wonder or excitement and a "surprise" ending that was just plain stupid. - A waste of 2 hours - 1.5/10 (and only because some of the explosions were good)

CarlP and NorthernDave like this.
  2. CarlP

CarlP Boing!

The Family, Directed by Luc Besson , Staring Robert De Niro and some others.

Dreadful, trulyfeckinawfull.

I could not work out if it was meant to be a comedy or a thriller and by the looks of it neither could the director, and De Niro looked like he couldn’t care less.

meta lon and Drago like this.
  3. Drago

Drago Soiler of Y fronts

Anthropoid.

Slower than a Reliant Robin with a plug lead missing.

3/10.

swee'pea99 and CarlP like this.
  4. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

War for the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

Finally got around to watching this properly. What a film. On the surface, it's a fairly standard sci-fi effort, but scratch just a little beneath that and you've got a morally complex and challenging piece of cinema. Asks a lot of questions and leaves a lot up to the viewer to decide, which personally I appreciate as I hate being railroaded down an emotional path. The whole trilogy has been excellent, but this one steals the show, and I hope they don't bother with a fourth instalment, because it would be totally unnecessary.

MontyVeda, CarlP and meta lon like this.
  5. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

It's "being discussed"

6. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

Unless they're going full Spiderman and rebooting the reboot, I doubt I'd bother with that, if it happens. There really isn't any need for another film as the story has played out pretty much perfectly.

7. Spartak

Spartak Powered by M&M's

Threevok likes this.
  8. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

I enjoyed that when it was on. Excellent tension building....tho' I did feel it rather fizzled out at the end.

Spartak likes this.
  9. Threevok

Threevok Junior Member (Trainee)

For a moment I thought you meant

"A Quiet Place"

Watched that Sunday.

Quite enjoyable and different for a low budget alien occupation film

8/10

Last edited: 6 Feb 2019
  10. Looked at that but decided against it and continued binge watching series 2 of 'The Man in the High Castle'

Drago likes this.
  11. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

Lincoln Lawyer
    Dallas Buyers Club

12. Drago

Drago Soiler of Y fronts

It should have been great, a true life tale of risk, bravery, and zapping Hitlers number 3, the only senior Nazzy to be successfully assassinated. Alas, they took a breathtaking and fascinating event and sucked all the life our of it.

13. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Polar, Netflix.. Ultra violent sort of comedy in places ,8-10

14. CarlP

CarlP Boing!

Is it getting any better? I watched the whole of series 1 and couldn't get into it.

15. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

thanks for that. Besson's one of my favourite directors but he's done a few clangers... and now i know The Family is one of them :okay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice