What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Its next on my list ! I like the actor Sean Harris played a great Ian Curtis in Joy Division film.Think it was him anyway.?

Control? That was Sam Riley. Similar looking, and also a very good actor, though I prefer Harris.

I first saw him in Creep, which I'd also recommend, it's not as troubling as Possum, but it's pretty close.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Mr Turner.
Fell asleep 2/3 through but will see the rest tonight.

Adam4868

Guru
Control? That was Sam Riley. Similar looking, and also a very good actor, though I prefer Harris.

I first saw him in Creep, which I'd also recommend, it's not as troubling as Possum, but it's pretty close.
No I get the resemblance,I think it was 24 hour party or something like that ? Tony Wilson ? Anyways loved Ian Curtis and whoever took the part was top,same for control.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Untouchable/The Intouchables (seems to go by both names) - absolutely terrific French film about a wealthy paraplegic who hires a young man from 'the projects' to be his carer. Hilarious and moving by turns, with some fantastic performances, tight, focused direction, and excellent cinematography. Not to mention one of the best pre-credits/credits sequences I've ever seen. It wasn't till the end credits that I discovered it was based on a true story, which of course made it just that much better. I came to it with high expectations on account of its IMDB 8.6. I was not disappointed. 9/10.

Untouchable/The Intouchables (seems to go by both names) - absolutely terrific French film about a wealthy paraplegic who hires a young man from 'the projects' to be his carer. Hilarious and moving by turns, with some fantastic performances, tight, focused direction, and excellent cinematography. Not to mention one of the best pre-credits/credits sequences I've ever seen. It wasn't till the end credits that I discovered it was based on a true story, which of course made it just that much better. I came to it with high expectations on account of its IMDB 8.6. I was not disappointed. 9/10.

This looks very good. Where/how did you watch it?

GM

Legendary Member
On the strength of the trailer we went to see Cold Pursuit staring Liam Neeson last night..... hilariously bad.
Script 1/10
Acting 1/10
Scenery 8/10
Unintended humour 5/10
Snow ploughs 10/10

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
On the strength of the trailer we went to see Cold Pursuit staring Liam Neeson last night..... hilariously bad.
Script 1/10
Acting 1/10
Scenery 8/10
Unintended humour 5/10
Snow ploughs 10/10
Excellent snow ploughs score. Must be one of the alltime top snow ploughs movies. Did it get a snow ploughs Oscar?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Excellent snow ploughs score. Must be one of the alltime top snow ploughs movies. Did it get a snow ploughs Oscar?

If you want snow ploughs, go for "Order of Disapearance"

10/10 for snow ploughs
10/10 for scenery
10/10 for acting (Stellan Starsgard as always outstanding, but rest of cast spot on too)
10/10 script
and 10/10 for the blackest of black comedy

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald

We rather enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts film so thought we would give its sequel a chance. Quite simply, I was bored. I can only hope the three proposed sequels will be better. It was lacklustre.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The Dawn Wall - documentary about a couple of rock-climbers tackling El Capitan in Yosemite.

An amazing ( if obsessive) achievement, but even with an interest in rock climbing I occasionally found this tedious viewing. 5/10.

dodgy

I watched The Dawn Wall on Tuesday and thought it was superb! I'm not interested in rock climbing, but the dedication of those two. Fantastic, recommended.

Top Bottom