What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hitchington, 2 Sep 2012.

1. Salar

Salar Über Member

Watched Cycling Nomads on Amaz0n Prime.
    Filmed by the riders as they tour through Europe and Asia with mishaps and mechanicals on the way with one nasty accident.
    Recognisable bikes used, Surly and OnOne. Worth a watch.

Coincidentally as mentioned elsewhere on the forum A Boy A Girl and A Bike was on Talking Pictures channel 81 yesterday afternoon.
    Seen some good old films on there.

2. Valhalla Rising

I think it needs another watch but certainly enjoyable if that is the right word

CarlP likes this.
  3. CarlP

CarlP Boing!

The Rock, Sean Connery and some others- What a load of unadulterated badly edited shite.

The Jackal, with The Willis and Richard 'I am a proper actor' Gear. I saw this years ago, it wasn't as shite as I first remember, it was only a little bit shite.

kevin_cambs_uk likes this.
  4. The_Card-274477218-large.jpg

Quite amusing, simple film

5. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider Photo Winner

We watched Mulan last night and thoroughly enjoyed it

6. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

Finally got round to watching Get Out, which has been on my list for a while.

Excellent film, really clever, dripping with satire, and top-drawer acting. Not really horror in the normal sense, more of a mystery with horror elements.
    It gets a virtually unheard of 9/10 from me. (as perfection is impossible)

Seriously, watch it.

Cletus Van Damme likes this.
  7. CarlP

CarlP Boing!

Just had a look at the trailer, it looks good.

8. cm2mackem

cm2mackem Well-Known Member

The Green Book, absolutely brilliant

9. CarlP

CarlP Boing!

Fantastic Beasts. Fell asleep.

Threevok and meta lon like this.
  10. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - terrific movie from New Zealand, showing what you can do with a brilliant script, two great actors, and a stunning landscape. Genuinely moving, touching and laugh out loud funny. One knocked off for the occasional bit of excessive ham still leaves it with a damn respectable 9/10.

CarlP likes this.
  11. MrBeanz

MrBeanz Active Member

Last night we watched the Sixth Sense and Misery. Granddaughter is a ghost, scary movie person. 17 and she had never heard of these movies so I set up the movie room and watched them with her and my daughter eating popcorn. Was a good time!

Llankey43 and CarlP like this.
  12. Not good at all, I now wish I had spent my time making words out of Alphabetti Spaghetti !!

dc3f4e43b2edfba93e1b78851b6b826f.jpg

13. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

+1 really enjoyed this last night, 9/10

14. Blue Hills

Blue Hills ^

Felt impelled to chuck the title in the search box and up this popped.

Saw it (or some) last night - I thought it unbelievably awful and walked half way through - it's a long long long time since I walked out of a film but I did at least save the rest of the evening. And didn't pay to see the thing.

I fail to understand why it received so much praise, oscar/s - yes a mostly black cast and some strong female characters - but not strong characters in the sense of interesting.

At least a fair few folk on imdb seem to feel the same way.

15. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Reinvented for 2019 - Formerly RealLeeHimself

Everyone’s different. I only compared it against other Marvel films. Cinematic masterpieces, they ain’t.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice