What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hitchington, 2 Sep 2012.

1. mustang1

mustang1 Veteran

2. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider Photo Winner

We had a movie session with our 4 yr old Granddaughter last night and we watched Nomeo & Juliet

CarlP likes this.
  3. No, it's still 'slow' and I'm not sure why I'm sticking with it, curiosity I think.

CarlP likes this.
  4. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Guru

There was an older version I think, made a few years ago

5. Heckler

Heckler Active Member

Operation Daybreak with Martin Shaw and Antony Andrews (from 1975!).

6. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Guru

That's the one - saw it a year or two ago on TCM

7. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

It's far from his worst. I quite enjoyed it, in a brain popcorn sort of way.

meta lon likes this.
  8. meta lon

meta lon Guru

I could watch it again, but I like Mr De Niro

Grant Fondo likes this.
  9. Nigeyy

Nigeyy Guru

Sort of..... I started watching "Roma" on Netflix since it is highly regarded by the critics. I turned it off after suffering 30 minutes of boredom.

No, I don't want to watch someone park a car nor turn off lights in a house for 2 hours (OK, so it didn't take them that long, but it really felt like it.) I have absolutely no idea what the critics saw in it, but I think 30 mins to give it a go was long enough. I didn't realize it was Alfonso Cuaron who also directed "Gravity" (and I almost walked out of the movie theatre with that one as well!) but now it makes complete sense.

1 out of 10. The 1 is purely for sympathy -and the fact I didn't throw a shoe at the tv breaking it.

meta lon likes this.
  10. Drago

Drago Soiler of Y fronts

Black Hawk Down.

Worth watching for the Little Bird scene alone, although the defending the chopper scene is quite startling. True story and all that. The US Army Rangers got off to a bad start that day, but once they sorted out their sheet they evened the score approximately 30:1. Boo yah!

7/10.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2019
    NorthernDave likes this.
  11. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Unbreakable the other night... second viewing and still definitely one of Shyamalan's best films.
    Split last night... certainly doesn't live up to Unbreakable. I'll give it... pants/10

12. Grant Fondo

Grant Fondo 'Real Life, and Postcard Views, Europe Endless'

I quite enjoyed Split although it kept reminding me of de Palmas Raising Cain which is nudging classic territory.

13. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

The first half reminded me of Sybil. But I found the three young women in captivity and their handling of the situation totally unconvincing. Nobody behaves like that, not even in TV land.

I'll be watching Glass before long. I hope it's a lot better.

14. meta lon

meta lon Guru

If the critics love a film.....

15. PaulB

PaulB Guru

We went the pictures to see Clint Eastwood in 'Mule' and loved it! It's all true, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice