What film did you watch last night?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hitchington, 2 Sep 2012.

1. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

Just watched the true story, Lion, which has been mentioned a couple of times here.
    Thought it lost its way in the middle, but the start and finish were powerful cinema.

2. Nigeyy

Nigeyy Guru

Sorry but that's just a load of Pollocks.

Can't plaice the film though.

Tenacious Sloth likes this.
  3. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Thought you'd have been a dab hand at it.

Nigeyy likes this.
  4. The Crofted Crest

The Crofted Crest Senior Member

The story* goes that Miles was asked to record the soundtrack so he went to a private showing to see the film. He then told the sound recorder to turn the microphones on and the cinema bod to rerun the film and he stood in front of the screen and improvised and adlibbed his way through it. Genius!

* Many stories told by Miles about Miles are, shall we say, embellished for consumption.

swee'pea99 and Profpointy like this.
  5. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

Very interesting. And for all Miles's famed self-serving memory, this one has the ring of truth about it. Certainly I can't bring to mind any film that uses music better.

6. The Crofted Crest

The Crofted Crest Senior Member

Hmm, perhaps the Miles-aggrandisement was on my part. I remember reading the tale I told above somewhere, but I don't know where. In his autobiography, Miles just says, "It was a great learning experience because I had never written a music score for a film before. I would look at the rushes of the film and get musical ideas to write down." Still a genius thobut.

swee'pea99 likes this.
  7. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

I watched I Tonya last night on Amazon and can confirm It is great.

For anyone who thinks it isn’t their type of film the best way I can convince them is by saying it is a bit like Goodfellas on ice,

How much is true and how much has been twisted to make Tonya appear like the victim is debatable, but the film is superb.

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Very good films - just watching the Second one now.

Bumble Bee was OK, typical switch brain off and enjoy robots fighting.

Aquaman wasn't bad, lovely looking film, plot quite weak, but hey ho. It's an easy watch.

welsh dragon likes this.
  9. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

I quite fancy watching Aquaman myself. Looks good in the trailors

10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

It's an easy watch, good fun.

welsh dragon likes this.
  11. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

Me and Mrs_R eventually got round to watching Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Wow!

meta lon likes this.
  12. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Excellent! We are off to Bamburgh in August to watch this outside after sunset on a big-screen setup.

Should be fun as long as it doesn't rain!

13. SpokeyDokey

Fifty Shades Darker.

Dross. Zero chemistry between the two lead characters. Plot as thin as the knees of a worn out pair of jeans. And the alleged erotic tension was utterly tepid.

Could've been a good story with better characterisation and a plot that explored the interplay between two people as they embark on a steamy adventure together.

14. Andy_R

Andy_R Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

Wrap up warm. The Northumbrian coast is chilly in August!

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  15. SpokeyDokey

Thanks! We'll be taking a couple of fishing chairs (borrowed) to sit on and some fleecy 'throws'. And some booze of some description for internal warmth. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice