What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
In Brugge do we allow minus scores?
:ohmy: In Bruges is a terrific fillum!

Adam4868

Guru
Only relief was Ralph Fiennes comedy accent
Yea agree Feinnes is a brilliant actor.But back to Bruge I loved it.Dont usually like Farrel but him and Gleeson are a perfect match ! Actually made me want to go to Bruge,which I did !
Watch it again you'll enjoy it more....

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Which bit, the credits? is it's an insult to dire to use the word
Great plot, tight, well-crafted script, lean, efficient direction and a terrific central relationship between two excellent actors at the top of their game. I'm really surprised to hear of anyone watching it & not enjoying it, TBH.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Great plot, tight, well-crafted script, lean, efficient direction and a terrific central relationship between two excellent actors at the top of their game. I'm really surprised to hear of anyone watching it & not enjoying it, TBH.
the film lets itself down at the end.
All the way through they make a big deal of them dum-dum bullets that shatter in the body, then at the end, the bullet goes straight through Farrell and hits the dwarf in the face. :wacko:
Other than that, I enjoyed it too.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are we talking about the same film? Fiennes as a comedy villain, Farrell as a half witted first time assassin who kills a kid, Gleeson who is just boring the whole way through, tedious plot if you could call it a plot, I'm struggling to find a redeeming feature over than the location. However it would not be good for us all to be the same, but it rates as one of the worst films I have ever seen. What was really annoying was I only watched it as I was looking for Ronin & that wasn't on Netflix so watched that instead.

Skibird

McFarland USA with Kevin Costner (based on a true story), which I thought was great.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Are we talking about the same film? Fiennes as a comedy villain, Farrell as a half witted first time assassin who kills a kid, Gleeson who is just boring the whole way through, tedious plot if you could call it a plot, I'm struggling to find a redeeming feature over than the location. However it would not be good for us all to be the same, but it rates as one of the worst films I have ever seen. What was really annoying was I only watched it as I was looking for Ronin & that wasn't on Netflix so watched that instead.

upload_2019-8-18_15-19-56.png

I guess we can put you in the 9% then...

D

Deleted member 26715

About Time, typical Richard Curtis, watchable if you've nothing better to do, I felt cheated when it got to the end, I just wanted "Something" to have happened in the 2hrs 3mins. The acting was great, the interaction, the characters, just nothing happened, maybe it's me, maybe I shouldn't be watching films currently if I'm being so critical.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Went the pictures to see 'Once upon a time in Hollywood' and it was a great film spoiled only by the aerosol (sp) who chose - of all the seats in that entire cinema - to sit in the one on front of mine!

It's a great film by the way but I suspect you'll have to be a bona-fide cinema lover and over a certain age to fully understand and get what it's all about.

D

Deleted member 26715

If the 91% are blind, perhaps the 9% are deaf?
Well I'm 1 of the 9% who definitely is, well in one ear anyway, although the other is not good, which is why having music over the top of speech is not good for me.

Top Bottom