What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Goldfinger

Classic spy film with classic soundtrack. Sean Connery and Gert Frobe facing off. Lethal bowler hats, Aston Martin DB5 with all the optional extras (offensive and defensive!) and all the gold in Fort Knox.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Goldfinger

Classic spy film with classic soundtrack. Sean Connery and Gert Frobe facing off. Lethal bowler hats, Aston Martin DB5 with all the optional extras (offensive and defensive!) and all the gold in Fort Knox.

It's a good romp but has dated more than the earlier or later films despite the two great villains. And at the risk of being all right on PC Bond raping Pussy Galore to "turn" her in both senses is very uncomfortable viewing these days. Admittedly it's of its time. That said the laser beam getting closer and closer to Bond's bollocks "do you expect me to talk" "no, I expect you to die, Mr Bond" is iconic as is the DB5

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Exit Wounds (2001) - TCM

I am not a fan of Steven (Pies) Seagal, but this is truly the worst film I have ever seen with him in

The scene at the beginning - He's firing a hand gun (which never runs out of ammo) that makes the sound of a machine gun !!!!!

Plus, they have to speed up his martial arts moves so much, it's embarrassing to watch. One scene (where he hops off the floor and does a spin kick) is clearly not even him - it's a bloke 20 years younger and 30 pounds lighter !!!

Oh and NEVER, EVER, give this man a real hand gun. He fires three rounds off before he even aims. There were at least four occasions where he would have shot the camera operator.

1/10

and It only scores the 1 for the end comedy credit scene - between Anthony Anderson and Tom Arnold, which was mildly amusing

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Deep Blue Sea - 9/10

I went to see this 3 times when it came out, and I still find it hugely entertaining. LL Cool J is a particular highlight.

I can never understand, was Samuel L Jackson's brief appearance meant as a joke, or a budget constraint ?

I found it very amusing, none the less :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
I can never understand, was Samuel L Jackson's brief appearance meant as a joke, or a budget constraint ?

I found it very amusing, none the less :laugh:

The budget was something like $80 million, so I don't think there were any financial issues. That scene is hilarious, even knowing what's coming it always has me in bits.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The budget was something like $80 million, so I don't think there were any financial issues. That scene is hilarious, even knowing what's coming it always has me in bits.

It had him in bits too

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Other People's Money - Danny de Vito playing Danny de Vito with his usual relish, some great one liners and an excellent brace of contending finale speeches - I enjoyed it, overall, though I had to admit it was very much of its time, and hadn't aged particularly well; my wife hated it, finding it intolerably sexist.

Top Bottom