What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
After numerous positive reports I finally got round to watching Bohemian Rhapsody last night. To say it was underwhelming would be a compliment. Downright bloody awful would be more accurate... not only does it feature the worst dialogue I've heard since The Phantom Menace and some really bad wigs, but what the feck was going on with Freddie's accent? Was that his accent or was it just some guy trying to speak coherently through an oversized denture?! Laugh out loud dire in places, however, the Live Aid scene was most excellent. I'll give it 2/10 for everything leading up to Live Aid and 8/10 for the Live Aid bit.

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I've just watched Collateral Beauty.
Stars Will Smith, Edward Norton and Kate Winslet.
I can honestly say one of the best movies I've ever seen. Even Mr Soppyarse here had tears in his eyes at the end.
Definitely recommended.

AndyRM

XOXO
47 Metres Down

Can't rate this as I gave up after 45 minutes of absolutely nothing happening. As a premise it is excellent, a shark viewing trip goes wrong, which should be harrowing but the tension just fizzles out and I genuinely didn't care about anyone. It probably doesn't help that I recently saw Jaws at the cinema, and Deep Blue Sea.

Drago

Legendary Member
Angel Has Fallen.

Plot has more holes than my favourite Y fronts, acting more wooden than Ian Beale, dreadful weapons drills, no plot to speak of.

On the plus side, the Sig Sauer MCX feature very prominently, one of my favourite unit-marksman level weapons. Glock 17 Gen 4 and 23 also widely featured, despite the horrible fake movie "clicks" as they cock and de-cock (Glocks have no external hammer so cannot do this) Nevertheless, its not enough to lift this beyond...

3/10.

AndyRM

XOXO
Crawl - 5/10

Disappointingly un-scary creature feature, which I thought lacked suspense and coherent direction. I didn't care about any of the characters and generally wanted everyone to get eaten so it could all be over.

I sort of feel the director was knackered by a studio wanting to keep it on a 15 rating, so if an uncut version comes out I'll probably re-watch it.

Top Bottom