What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Ronin, brilliant film, must watch Bullet again as I'm sure that the car chases are nowhere near as good.

Agree, great film, particularly the insane yet believable car chase complete with authentically French angry gestures from the non-participants. De Niro, seems a little out of place compated to the proper character actors, but I guess they needed a big star, and there were a couple of very half hearted bits of silly product placement but I still loved it

numbnuts

Legendary Member
The green mile

Adam4868

Guru
Ronin, brilliant film, must watch Bullet again as I'm sure that the car chases are nowhere near as good.

Agree, great film, particularly the insane yet believable car chase complete with authentically French angry gestures from the non-participants. De Niro, seems a little out of place compated to the proper character actors, but I guess they needed a big star, and there were a couple of very half hearted bits of silly product placement but I still loved it
Good film,spoilt somewhat by the cheesy IRA and bad Irish accent's.But that's me just being picky ! As for the car chases,I'm sure you know but fascinating all the same how they were done.
To make the chase as realistic as possible, both cars were right-hand drive UK models fitted with fake steering wheels on the left-side for the actors to use and mimic the stunt driver's moves. That's why Robert De Niro's terrified expression is genuine as they careened through traffic-filled streets at crazy speeds

postman

Legendary Member
Great Escape only got A Bridge too Far to go now.But it's a bit more time travelling for me tonight.Along with Mrs P who birthday is today she has Life on Mars a two box set to watch.Hell o hello hello what's going on ere then.Not PC by any means.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Murder, My Sweet. Dick Powell plays Philip Marlowe in this film noir. Fabulous.

Murder, My Sweet.jpg

A boy a girl and a bike on (1949)
Talking pictures channel last night. This film has it all. Bike racing in Yorkshire, crime (a bike gets stolen), and a young Honor Blackman (with a broad northern accent) on a bike. Diana Dors is also in it .
The back projection during the racing is dodgy.
9/10. Not a cycle helmet to be seen.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041203/

I've got that on the TiVO box, from a screening about a year ago

gbb

Legendary Member
American Made.
Not sure when it was released but Tom Cruise plays a bored airline pilot with a carefree spirit with a good life and family....but hes bored. A chance comes along and he finds himself awash with drug money from the Colunbian drug cartels and in constant danger from all sides. Quite comical in places...I enjoyed it but theres no deep storyline, just a recounting of those experiences.

Boo

Über Member
Captain Marvel.
Loved it! I'm a sucker for most of the Marvel stuff anyway, but this hit exactly the right balance of action and fun.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Cutterhead.

Sounds like a horror movie and has all the elements of one but it's a real-life, could-easily-happen film about a journalist's coverage of an underground tunnelling project in Denmark. Very good this one and I'm giving it a 6/10 where 7 is the highest score!

AndyRM

XOXO
Like @gbb I watched American Made - 6/10

It's entertaining enough, but only puddle deep which is fine if you want a fun action film, which we did last night. There are some neat visual effects, and the cinematography is excellent, Cruise is his usual dependable self but beyond him I didn't particularly care about anyone, which I suppose is sort of the point.

Top Bottom