What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My standout movie of recent years. Admittedly I don't get out much. But if I had to pick one, I'd pick that. And if I had to pick one cinematic moment of recent years, it would be the bear attack. It's just so instant. There's no dramatic buildup. He sees the thing and it's on him. Awesome. And yes, young Di Caprio plays a blinder.
I agree.
The opening scene with the Indian attack on the camp is fantastic too.

AndyRM

XOXO
Another fan of The Revenant here. It's rare that a film is better than the book, but in this case I think it is as the book is a bit of a tedious slog.

Adam4868

Guru
Over xmas ive watched the Tarantino film Once upon a time in Hollywood.I enjoyed it probally a 8 out of 10.Loved Brad Pitt and Di caprios charachters in this film.
Also watched Ford v Ferrari with the kids,watchable I guess.6/10
There was something else I watched but it cant of been that good as ive forgotten it !

gbb

Legendary Member
My standout movie of recent years. Admittedly I don't get out much. But if I had to pick one, I'd pick that. And if I had to pick one cinematic moment of recent years, it would be the bear attack. It's just so instant. There's no dramatic buildup. He sees the thing and it's on him. Awesome. And yes, young Di Caprio plays a blinder.
The 12th Man and the Revenant are stunning films, gritty beyond anything we mere people can understand, how humans can occasionally overcome insurmountable odds. 12th Man even more so because it's based on real life events.

DiCaprio isnt one of my favoured actors, never really liked him I much....but The Revenant, mindblowing.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just spotted this thread.

Have added a couple to MyList in Netfix, for future viewing.

Recently watched "Two Popes". I am not a Catholic, or, even, remotely religious, but, it was quite an interesting and watchable film.

Last night, watched "Wild", Reese Witherspoon..... don't bother is my verdict, jumps from present to past to present, one long boring whinge.

Drago

Legendary Member
Is that the one on Netflix, I was thinking of that for tonight?
Aye, it's on Netflix. it's a bit arty in places, but still good.

Operation Thunderbolt made the Iranian Embassy job look like 2 winos fighting over the last can of Red Stripe. An audacious operation, massive in scale...and no one has tried hijacking Israelis for 44 years as a result, because they know wherever they go in the world the Sayeret or the Shaldag will come and punch their ticket for them.

stephec

Legendary Member
Aye, it's on Netflix. it's a bit arty in places, but still good.

Operation Thunderbolt made the Iranian Embassy job look like 2 winos fighting over the last can of Red Stripe. An audacious operation, massive in scale...and no one has tried hijacking Israelis for 44 years as a result, because they know wherever they go in the world the Sayeret or the Shaldag will come and punch their ticket for them.
I was wondering what you meant by, 'a bit arty,' until near the end , didn't really add much to it did it? :smile:

keithmac

Guru
Possum - 10/10

I don't really have the words to describe this. It's wild, unsettling and will stick with you. The closing scene is probably the most harrowing thing I've seen.

Just watched this and all I can say is wow!, unexplainable really..

I THINK I've understood most of it but probably not!.

Definitely worth watching though either way.

keithmac

Guru
Not Blade runner, but still related to your comment, my favourite film is <spelling edit> "Two Lane Blacktop" and I must have watched it a dozen or more times. Many people rate it as a one star film, huge bore, nothing happens and so on. These aren't silly comments, and you could fit the entire script on the back of a fag packet, yet I find it utterly compelling, and notice something extra each time I watch.

Somebody told me about this a while back, I loved it as well. Needs another viewing!.

Top Bottom