What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I went home yesterday b4 lunch ,after feeling washed out from 2 days of migraine..and sat watching Ronin again.
I tend to like films with De niro

Regarding Ronin...I think I posted before on here,memory is bad ! The car chase was filmed in right hand drive uk cars with fake steering wheels on the left.So the actors looked like they were actually driving.Also it's actually De Niro really shitting himself to make it more realistic.
Bit of useless trivia from me sorry.

postman

Legendary Member
Netflix last night.JOHN WICK 3 i liked the first two.Oh dear what a bag of crap.Don't waste your time even thinking of watching it.

keithmac

Guru
Baby Driver - I thought it was awesome, loved the soundtrack. Focus - Hocus Pocus, Golden Earring - Radar Love, great film too, great fun. 9/10

Three Billboards, Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Brilliant film, just superb, about a hopeless sad situation, 9/10

Atomic Blonde - The first half was a bit dull, the second half, oh my god, if you like fit women totally beating the sh** out of everything this is the film for you. I thought it was brilliant, the fight scenes were amazing. Also if you like eighties Eastern block cars, you'll like it too, loads of Lada's (original 70's round headlight Fiat 124 clone, facelifted rectangle headlight - Riva, 4WD Niva), Polski Fiat's, rear engine "proper" Skoda's, even saw a Simca (I believe they were French). I thought it was great fun, and not as cheesy as this genre of film usually is. 8/10

Just watched Atomic Blonde and couldn't have summed it up better myself!.

Really enjoyed it, 8/10!.

Lullabelle

Banana
Current War: loud music, at times difficult to hear dialogue, difficult to follow but thanks to Tesla I have a job. The film could have been made so much better.

Smudge

Veteran
Alien Covenant on CH4 last night. Not seen this one before and i think i preferred it to Prometheus. But these prequels will never have the impact of the original Alien quadrilogy.
It'll be interesting to see where Ridley Scott takes this franchise next.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Alien Covenant on CH4 last night. Not seen this one before and i think i preferred it to Prometheus. But these prequels will never have the impact of the original Alien quadrilogy.
It'll be interesting to see where Ridley Scott takes this franchise next.
I haven't watched any Alien films in years. I know they did a Predator crossover (always liked the first two Predator films), but I can't imagine Alien and Predator together would be a great film.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I haven't watched any Alien films in years. I know they did a Predator crossover (always liked the first two Predator films), but I can't imagine Alien and Predator together would be a great film.
I went to see Alien when first came out at the Odeon Leicester Square, didn’t know what to expect, hadn’t seen a trailer. Jeeezus I nearly shat myself during the chest burster scene! Great movie.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Me neither... but was pleasantly surprised by Alien vs Predator ...of course it's absolute hokum, but decent fun for what it is. It's much more a Predator film than an Alien one. The second AvP was a waste of time mind.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fisherman's Friends. You knew exactly where it was going and it went there and all was well. As is ever the case with films like this. Enjoyable if slight to say the least. 7/10.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I went to see Alien when first came out at the Odeon Leicester Square, didn’t know what to expect, hadn’t seen a trailer. Jeeezus I nearly shat myself during the chest burster scene! Great movie.
It's said - truly, by all accounts - that none of the cast knew in advance either. Ridley Scott said genuine surprise was essential. One of the actors - Veronica Cartwright, who played Lambert, passed out, for real. Indeed, a supreme moment of cinema!

Smudge

Veteran

You'd be right, it wasn't a great film by any stretch of the imagination. It's not a terrible film, just passable sci-fi entertainment.
The prequel Alien films that Ridley Scott has done, Prometheus and Covenant, are well worth watching.

ozboz

Guru
E9246075-B437-4535-BB38-05717624E291.jpeg

Not Bad, not bad at all !!!!

Saw it on the IMAX screen at BFI Waterloo ,

Drago

Legendary Member
The Empire Strikes The Return of the Wars Jedi Sith.

I don't know which one it was. Annakin Woodenactor got his legs chopped off it that helps. Dire acting, dire accent from Ewan McGregor, CGI that looked like it had been done with crayons, no plot to speak of. Notable only because Samuel L. Jackson went an entire film without swearing.

0.2/10. Absolutely dire.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I watched The Finest Hours last night - stumbled across it just starting on BBC2. I’d never heard of the film nor of the true story it tells but what a great film. I’m sure it is dramatised and the love story bigged up, but it is a compelling story, well-delivered. A strong 7, gusting 8 out of 10.

Top Bottom