What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Bohemian Rhapsody
No, there's a fourth John Wick coming apparently.

4th one will be an epic!.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just back in from watching The Gentlemen at the multiplex.

A fine return to form for Guy Ritchie, doing what he does best. A very entertaining way to spend a couple if hours, even if it doesn't break any new ground. Hugh Grant was surprisingly good.
It is very sweary though :ohmy:

8/10

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
The 12th Man.

A Norwegian WWII film based on the true story of an agent sent back home who is the only survivor of the mission, it follows his concealment by ordinary folk who help him escape to Sweden, top notch.

8/10.

This is an excellent film, true story too which for me makes films far more watchable.

keithmac

Guru
Some Radio 1 DJ (Greg James possibly) "recurated" the soundtrack for Drive a d to this day I have no idea why Refn allowed it to happen, he's such a meticulous director.

ETA - I was wrong, it was Zane Low. Not that it matters, get that nonsense in the bin.

Baby Driver is of the same ilk and a good film.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Currently watching Independence Day - Resurgence on Channel 4. Very far fetched and rather corny acting in bits. I will persevere. Lol.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Revenent.

Very gritty, very violent. Strong performance from Tom Hardy who plays a very nasty chap, but DiCaprio stealer the show. As on Castaway, the main actor has a lot of screen time to himself and that makes for an intense kind of viewing, but DiCaprio is masterful.

It's a film you really gotta pay attention to and watch though.

8/10.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The remake of Ghostbusters which has just finished on Film 4+1 - why did they bother? I only persevered to see if it got any better and it didn't, but it was fun spotting the Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd & Sigourney Weaver appearances.

keithmac

Guru
The Revenent.

Very gritty, very violent. Strong performance from Tom Hardy who plays a very nasty chap, but DiCaprio stealer the show. As on Castaway, the main actor has a lot of screen time to himself and that makes for an intense kind of viewing, but DiCaprio is masterful.

8/10.

Can't beat a dead horse duvet!.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The Revenent.

8/10.
My standout movie of recent years. Admittedly I don't get out much. But if I had to pick one, I'd pick that. And if I had to pick one cinematic moment of recent years, it would be the bear attack. It's just so instant. There's no dramatic buildup. He sees the thing and it's on him. Awesome. And yes, young Di Caprio plays a blinder.

Top Bottom