What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Violation - 9/10

One of the darkest films I've ever seen, but it's honest, creative and beautifully shot. The score is out of this world too and really adds to the tone of the film. Herzog and Kubrick influences are consistent throughout, but that's not a bad thing by any means.

Drago

Legendary Member
Passengers.

Jennifer Lawrence in a swinsuit. The rest is forced rubbish.

4/10.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Che - I may post a longer review later. Bencio is charismatic as Che, despite atrocious accent :laugh:
First part is too much of a hagiography but nevertheless very competent film making. Great final battle setpiece
4/5 if it wasn't for painting him as a saint it would be 5/5

stephec

Legendary Member
SWAT.

Samuel L Jackson and Colin Farrell, and some others, do lots of shooting and action.

Car chases, explosions, and lots of action, standard action jobbie.

@Drago you'll have to certify the weapons drills on this one, but I'll give it a 5/10 overall.

I watched Starship Troopers to cheer myself up after Violation - 8/10

Unfairly maligned IMO. But then Paul Verhoeven films usually are. The satirical edge he brings to his films is massively overlooked.
How this whooshes over the heads of intelligent movie goers is beyond me. It is a brilliant satire but also in love the the fascist asthetic. I guess people can't hold two ideas in their head simultaneously.

Having recently acquired a 'Captain Willard' homage watch, I figured another airing of Apocalypse Now was in order. Over 3 hours of gripping drama - even more amazing when you think how difficult the film was to make back then, beset by a string of disasters during the making. Had to skip the last 10 minutes or so - don't have the stomach any more for those type of bloodbath scenes.

Lucy, with Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman.
Fun. 8/10

sheddy

Legendary Member
Glad someone else has reviewed Highlander. We watched it last night. I wondered how a potentially good story could be ruined by poor casting. Mr Connery was very good but didn't feature enough.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Glad someone else has reviewed Highlander. We watched it last night. I wondered how a potentially good story was ruined by poor casting.
Mr Connery was very good but didn't feature enough.
Lamberts Scottish accent was terrible.
Connery doesn’t even try a Spanish accent

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I watched Starship Troopers to cheer myself up after Violation - 8/10

Unfairly maligned IMO. But then Paul Verhoeven films usually are. The satirical edge he brings to his films is massively overlooked.
Starship Troopers is a mirror reflecting American Society. It became even more relevant after 9/11

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Glad someone else has reviewed Highlander. We watched it last night. I wondered how a potentially good story could be ruined by poor casting. Mr Connery was very good but didn't feature enough.
I loved Highlander when it came out... so much so i went to the cinema the very next evening to watch it again. Highlander 2, on the other hand is still one of the worst films I've ever seen. (and Highlander doesn't stand up to the test of time).

Last night I watched Moon Dogs, a Scottish fillum about a trip from Shetland to Glasgow on which two step-brothers fall for the same woman. Not bad but not great. 5/10

Top Bottom