What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Hand of God - semi autobiographical picture from Sorentino. Set in the halycon days in 80's Naples, it follows an awkward teen Fabietto, who gets crazy about Maradona's arrivial, lusts after his aunt and doesn't know what he wants to do in life. The movie is very much split into two parts with the first full of vignettes about Fabietto's hilarious family, and the second more introspective. Filippo Scotti (who bears more than a passing resemblance to Timothy Chamalet) is great as introverted Fabietto, but the show is stolen by his loving parents.
At heart it is a love letter to a place that made Sorentino, city full of histories like the one of a smuggler who meets his father in jail.
4/5 (if you like Sorentino make it 5, if you cant stand his movies 3/5)

View: https://youtu.be/i_1VW_0i6vo

gbb

Legendary Member
Grandkids are at a panto, i have a lazy evening so flicking through channels, found Sy Fy channel showing Descent,( 2005)
What a crock of.... typical matinee style, moody looks at no one in particular, to convey some inner torment, and dialogue to match, awful awful crud, how did these films ever get funding. Makes you realise, theres probably 100 bad films for every blockbuster.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Grandkids are at a panto, i have a lazy evening so flicking through channels, found Sy Fy channel showing Descent,( 2005)
What a crock of.... typical matinee style, moody looks at no one in particular, to convey some inner torment, and dialogue to match, awful awful crud, how did these films ever get funding. Makes you realise, theres probably 100 bad films for every blockbuster.

Is that the caving zombies one? Utter shyte. OK speaking as a caver I'm going to find fault, but it lost me from the bit where they all abseil into thr cave on a separate rope. WTF would anyone do that? It didn't improve later either

Eziemnaik

Über Member
1917 - very much overrated. SomE great scenes, well paced, very well made on technical level. Still not very believable, couldn't really care for 2 main characters and whole movie feels empty and sterile 3/5

AndyRM

XOXO
1917 - very much overrated. SomE great scenes, well paced, very well made on technical level. Still not very believable, couldn't really care for 2 main characters and whole movie feels empty and sterile 3/5

Tom Hardy: I have no fuel, crash imminent!

30 minutes pass...

Tom Hardy: Still flying.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Spider-Man: No Way Home, very much enjoyed this after being disappointed with the previous one (Far from home) - try to avoid any spoilers if you can and just go and enjoy it.

Noticed 'Multiverse' was on Channel 4 tonight, aslo recommended if not seen already.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Saturday evening; The Steal. A British film in which a young American hacker is hired to fleece a private investment company, as revenge for it wrecking an African country's resources. Pretty dire despite some of the cast, Alfred Molina, Stephen Fry, Patricia Hayes.... Also the film has dated badly with technology.

Sunday evening; Bad Boys. Will Smith film in which he is a detective who has fathered a son from a previous relationship with a "witch". Son goes on shooting spree, when his mother escapes from prison.
Pretty unforgettable. Police station scenes reminiscent of the Dirty Harry series, ridiculous car scenes, lots of shooting, poorly constructed buildings to allow over the top scenes and of course the bad guys flying helicopters.
Sadly the end scene suggests they are keeping open the option of a sequel.

Top Bottom