What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Don't Look Up....absolutely loved it ! Powerful message underneath this film.Watch it if you've got Netflix.Brilliant and horrific at the same time.
Great cast I'd give it 9/10 which is some high praise from me 😁
Don't Look Up! What a gem this was and we loved it. I agree with all of your comments above so I suppose I defied the instructions given. Great warning for modern times.

Don't Look Up....absolutely loved it ! Powerful message underneath this film.Watch it if you've got Netflix.Brilliant and horrific at the same time.
Great cast I'd give it 9/10 which is some high praise from me 😁
We've just watched it - 100% agree. An outstanding film and a message for our times. Darkly satirical, funny, superb and subtle writing and a terrific cast all on top form. It had me hooked from the opening scene where they are setting up the telescope and accidentally spot the comet - gloves and jumpers 'cause it's cold, Jennifer L singing along with her ipod, realistic numbers on the telescope control screen "right ascension" etc, then the consecutive images and J's gasp as she sees it's a comet, and then later, the blackboard scene where they are calculating the orbit. ... then it got better and better. And darker and more bitingly satirical, yet chillingly plausible
Me three!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
After much deliberation a decision was made by the family to watch The French Despatch, the recently released film by Wes Anderson. His usual stellar cast - Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Benicio Del Toro, and Tilda Swinton amongst them. What could possibly go wrong?

To be honest, I had my concerns but was outvoted. Paid the £12 to Netflix and started the film. Wes Anderson films are quirky, to say the least, but sadly my concerns were correct, it's a terrible film. Just disjointed rambling, going nowhere. Awful.

The seven of us watching dwindled in numbers and after 45 minutes someone was brave enough to ask if anyone was enjoying it. The answer from few still watching was a resounding 'no', so we switched it off. A little bit peeved that it cost £12 on Netflix. Money wasted.

I guess opinion is divided on that one. I was enthralled from start to finish and would give it 10/10 of pure entertainment

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Jurassic Park Fallen Kingdom - rubbish, first movie was ok-ish, this one seems to have been written by 14 year olds. Avoid 2/5

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A Promising Young Woman

Very thought-provoking and well paced thriller which was unlike the "woman incapacitated gets raped and rapists get their comeuppance" genre

Nice performances from a cast without stellar names

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/
Spider-Man: Homecoming

The most fun Spidey movie I've seen (Multiverse doesn't count - that's in a whole other category!)

Nothing predictable, never gets up itself, quite a few laugh-out load moments - and that final line! [the Aunt May moment - it should have finished before the dull short foreshadowing epilogue bit]
Why can't more Superhero movies be more like that?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A high class double bill recorded from Film 4 recently - Venom folowed by John Wick 3. Perfect accompanyment for a few beers on New Year's Eve.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The Usual Suspects... again.

It's one of those films that only really 'works' the first time round since the point of the movie doesn't reveal itself until halfway through... but it's still a cracking film even after multiple viewings.

Top Bottom