What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Go !!!! Go now !!!

I made the mistake of watching last night's Game of Thrones when I got home, which was kind of an anti-climax in comparison.

I think everything is going to be a little "Meh" for a while

Stop tempting me. ^_^.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Discovery (Netflix)

Interesting film about what happens to a society that receives proof that there is an afterlife. It's rather ponderous at times, and the ending comes at something of a rush, but the ideas are interesting enough to make it worth sticking with.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Breathe (2017): 8/10. Very nice film based on a true story about a guy who got Polio. it has the bloke from The Incredible Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) who plays the role very well.

Anna's War, a gruesome, harrowing film about a six-year old who claws her way out of a mass grave to spend the war hiding from the Russians, the Germans and every stripe in between in a dilapidated school building. No matter how precocious and resourceful Marta Kazlowa is in the lead role, this must have been a traumatic experience for her. A more sensitive soul than me would have had difficulty sleeping. The trailer is for the Dutch version, the English trailer has a stupid voiceover. There is no voiceover in the film, in fact there is virtually no dialogue at all.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m7WGfbNqbs&t=58s

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Started watching 'Wandering Earth'. It's a big grossing Chinese Scfi film that's come on Netflix. Fortunately it's dubbed.

Only got 20 minutes in but it's fantastically far fetched. The sun is on the verge of exploding, so rather than wait for the inevitable, we build 'earth engines' and decide to 'fly' earth off into space ! Most folk live under ground. One slight issue is they have forgotten that earth needs rotation for gravity, but the engines are on one side.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Started watching 'Wandering Earth'. It's a big grossing Chinese Scfi film that's come on Netflix. Fortunately it's dubbed.

Only got 20 minutes in but it's fantastically far fetched. The sun is on the verge of exploding, so rather than wait for the inevitable, we build 'earth engines' and decide to 'fly' earth off into space ! Most folk live under ground. One slight issue is they have forgotten that earth needs rotation for gravity, but the engines are on one side.

What could possibly go wrong ?

Why does Earth need rotation for gravity- either for the plot or for real? Gravity didn't need rotation when I was at school

Top Bottom