What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
American sniper.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's probably been reviewed here already but I'll give a max. 10/10 for 'Joker'.

A dark and deep study of mental illness, with the Batman character of the Joker being introduced to us prior to Batman in Gotham City, superbly acted by Joaquin Phoenix.

Apart from leading male role, the film, IMO, should scoop a big handfull of Oscars.

Go and see it!
Interesting, I hated it, had I not been with the Fragrant MrsP, I would’ve walked out. It’s a horrible movie, pretentious, overwrought, JP in full method and not in a good way. A bit masturbatory really. A film I never want to see again. A horrid horrid film.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Aladdin (2019)

I can't understand why WIll Smith took so much flack over this. I thought he was rather good.

8/10

Smudge

Veteran
Spent over three hours of this evening watching The Irishman.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, but i'm a big fan of gangster movies anyway. Typically Scorsese directed, which is never a bad thing, a great cast in it and the ageing special effects were excellent.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Silver Linings Playbook - a rom com with a rather more jagged profile than most, the main protagonist being a recently-released mental patient, banged up for beating up his wife's lover, and The Edge of Seventeen - an angsty coming of age movie, but an unusually good one, with engaging characters, excellent portrayal of friend/friend, parent/child, sibling/sibling and student/teacher relationships, and some cracking one-liners. Both quite gritty, both enjoyable. 7/8 sort of territory.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bit late to the party watched Bohemian Rhapsody I wasn’t that impressed.
I have watched loads of Queen documentaries which are better in my opinion.
Agreed. It's ok as light entertainment, but is so rammed full of historical inaccuracies that it becomes annoying to anyone with even a slight knowledge of the band, its songs and chronology.

Top Bottom