What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wonder Woman 1984, not last night actually, now, 55 mins in.
What a mess!
$200m budget, what did they spend the other $190m on? Apart from the script, acting, direction and CGI its quite average.
Wish me luck :okay:

Apart from the script, acting, direction and CGI its quite average.
Don't forget viaducts.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Wonder Woman 1984, not last night actually, now, 55 mins in.
What a mess!
$200m budget, what did they spend the other $190m on? Apart from the script, acting, direction and CGI its quite average.
Wish me luck :okay:
just save yourself the bother and turn it off... it starts out badly, gets gradually worse and ends up and absolute stinking turd of a movie.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I think it's almost a cult classic. (i.e. it's probably slightly too successful to qualify.)
Makes me make my crime/gangster movie top 5
1.Goodfellas
2.Sexy Beast
3.Heat
4.Sonatine
5.Infernal Affairs 1&2

Honourable mentions to The Business (the very best bad movie ever), Lock Stock (when Guy Ritchie was the next Tarantino), Bittersweet Life (oozing cool - la dolce vita) and Reservoir Dogs

stephec

Legendary Member
Raw Deal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't beat Arnold when it comes to action films, and in the late eighties he was definitely top of the tree.

And who can forget one of the all time classic lines, 'you should not drink and bake.' 😄

It's a solid 8/10, and the only reason it doesn't get a nine is Commando.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Highlander (1986) as discussed above.

Highlander 3 (1994) aka The Sorcerer aka The Final Dimension - enjoyable film, a great sequel to the original with a continuation of the original story.

I’ll be watching Highlander: Endgame next...

Nice Guys

Starring Ryan Gosling Reynolds Gosling, and some fat Aussie that looks a bit like the Gladiator guy.

N and I both thought it was wonderful. A proper modern version of a wise-cracking cop buddy movie. Please read that Roger Egbert review!

The nearest thing to it in tone is the (also under-rated) RED movies (with Helen Mirren/ Bruce Willis / Malkovich); they're both clichéd mash-ups of old genres, but the twist of reluctant cynical has-beens bumbling through chaos creates something hugely enjoyable.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The nearest thing to it in tone is the (also under-rated) RED movies (with Helen Mirren/ Bruce Willis / Malkovich); they're both clichéd mash-ups of old genres, but the twist of reluctant cynical has-beens bumbling through chaos creates something hugely enjoyable.
Thought Helen Mirren was an absolute scream in Red. Not seen her do much comedy before.
I love the RED films. Malkovich is hilarious, Cox does a great turn as a spy in love, Mirren is very funny with fantastic timing, Willis is himself (but always enjoyable), and... who have I forgotten... Karl Urban! He's Karl Urban, what more can be said. And I've forgotten the name of the 'straight' actor - or damsel-in-distress(?) - hang on, I'll check... Found her: Mary-Louise Parker. She makes a wonderful straight character, out of her depth and seemingly at a loss to what's happening around her. And no film is complete without Morgan Freeman, enough said :okay:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Promising young woman. An ok, if a tad pedestrian, story about a traumatized young woman living in the aftermath of her best friend's death following a brutal sexual assault by the local jocks. Competent but unremarkable - only in The Year of Covid could it ever end up an Oscar nominee

Top Bottom