What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Our ukulele played an "after dinner" show to a ladies dining club. The second time we have played for them, and it appeared to go well, although our front man was nearly passing out due to the heat. He had to keep stopping mid song to wipe the sweat out of his eyes and off his glasses, but I think the rest of us managed to cover for him......

Tonight I shall be playing with my other uke band, at a beer festival in the garden of a pub. Should be a good rowdy evening!

TVC

This evening The Mission was a success.
20170527_215032.jpg

The crowd were a tower of strength.
20170527_221708.jpg

It certainly wasn't a wasteland
20170527_222429.jpg

And in the end we all got deliverance
20170527_222434.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Does classical music count?

Went to see Montiverdi's Orfeo last night at the (not yet renamed) Colston Hall . Wow ! From the first chord of the opening fanfare I knew it was going to be a bit special and it was. The singers were just amazing, and since it was "semi staged" as they call it, the band were on stage with the singers walking amongst them. Great to see the early instruments like the giant lutes which seemed to be about 6' long, cornets which look like recorders but are actually a kind of wooden trumpet, as well as early patterns of things we're more familiar with.

It's 450 years since Montiverdi's birth and he's still getting gigs to pretty full venues. How's that for staying power?

Svendo

Guru
Popped down the road to watch portugese motorik-psyche band 10000 Russos at Todmorden's Golden Lion. Voluntary donation to watch, and great head nodding stuff.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A double bill of The Beat featuring Ranking Roger followed by the Selecter at Norwich UEA. Top Ska, although I must have been one of the youngest there at 52.

Reactions: TVC

gavgav

Guru
Currently out in my back garden, listening to Rod Stewart, who is in concert at Shrewsbury Town Football Club, half a mile down the road.

I can hear him fairly well, but the sound system is all over the place by the sound of it, up and down, loud and quiet.

It's better than spending £115 on a ticket, but it's ruddy :cold: cold and wet, a bit like November!

gaz71

Über Member
I had the pleasure of seeing Royal Blood at the Hippodrome in Kingston last night.They were brilliant,its hard to believe only 2 people can create that much noise with a guitar and set of drums.Best gig of the year so far for me.

U

User169

[QUOTE 4833346, member: 259"]I lived less than half a kilometre from the Rotterdam Ahoy when I lived there and we used to sit out on the balcony with a jazz cigarette on many evenings. Rod did a few clangers but mostly a whole session of classics, solo and Faces - one of the best gigs I've never paid for[/QUOTE]

Nice part of town, Mort!!

(I've seen K3 three times at Ahoy)

Richard A Thackeray

Legendary Member
This evening The Mission was a success.
View attachment 354306
The crowd were a tower of strength.
View attachment 354307
It certainly wasn't a wasteland
View attachment 354308
And in the end we all got deliverance
View attachment 354309
A few friends of mine, went there (Goths since the mid-80's)

Hayseed Dixie are playing at Wakefield next month, & The Skids are there in October (Hmmmm, October = birthday = tickets for b/dy pressie?)

http://warehouse23.co.uk/events/hayseed-dixie-2/
http://warehouse23.co.uk/events/the-skids/

Reactions: TVC

AndyRM

XOXO
Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Limmy reading from his new book, That's Your Lot. He was surprisingly down to earth and actually very funny.

He also signed one of his original artworks for me, which I've put in a spoiler as it's a bit rude...

IMG_20170619_235401.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom