What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz71

Über Member
I went to see Richard Ashcroft at Brixton Academy on saturday night.It was such a good show i didnt want it to finish.Black Grape were the support act and they were very good aswell.

SteveF

Went to Chilfest is Tring yesterday, it was hot and there was plenty of Tring Ales "top of the hops" IPA in the beer tent...

OMD, Heaven 17 and The Real Thing were great, the rest were good apart from Alexander O'Neal who was a bit rubbish to be honest.

AndyRM

XOXO
Sunn O)))

I thought Mortiis was the loudest band I'd ever heard. I was wrong. This was less a gig and more an out of body experience. It may not be your thing, but I would strongly recommend you see these guys if you get the chance.

SteveF

Susanne Sundfør at the Union Chapel last night, she was excellent. (first time I've been to the Union Chapel as well, lovely venue).

Globalti

Legendary Member
Rolling Stones in Amsterdam last Saturday. Great sound quality, the best I've ever heard, great lighting and visual show but the poor old fellas were off the beat several times and the mid-concert interlude by Keith Richards was dismal; he struggled to reach the higher notes and it was plodding and uncoordinated. The Dutch crowd only gave a ripple of polite applause.

Mick Jagger looked superb though, as fit as ever and beautifully turned out with many costume changes. I hope I'm as fit at 74.

OTOH the organisation post-concert was superb; instead of the scheduled four metro trains an hour to our destination at the RAI there were trains queueing outside the station, perfectly timed to clear the platform of the thousands who crammed through the station turnstiles.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Eric Taylor, last Saturday. He's one of the great Texas singer-songwriters - learning his trade around the kitchen table with Guy Clark, Townes van Zandt, Steve Earle, Lightning Hopkins and others. But it was terribly sad. Very good in places, but time waits for no man.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives at the Town Hall Birmingham. High-octane hillbilly, the musicianship was superb, great set as always. You get Marty, multi-instrumental genius singer songwriter, Handsome Henry on drums and harmony vocals, Cousin Kenny ace guitarist and harmony vocals, he really is fantastic, great character, lastly on bass (lecric and bull-fiddle) and harmony vocals, new to MS insofar as he wasn't with him last time, the Prof who @subaqua might recognise? I've got his first solo album and really like him anyway but he's a great addition to the line up. Top night!

20171007_011036.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives at the Town Hall Birmingham. High-octane hillbilly, the musicianship was superb, great set as always. You get Marty, multi-instrumental genius singer songwriter, Handsome Henry on drums and harmony vocals, Cousin Kenny ace guitarist and harmony vocals, he really is fantastic, great character, lastly on bass (lecric and bull-fiddle) and harmony vocals, new to MS insofar as he wasn't with him last time, the Prof who @subaqua might recognise? I've got his first solo album and really like him anyway but he's a great addition to the line up. Top night!

View attachment 377366
2 'Telecasters', Nice :becool:

subaqua

What’s the point

View attachment 377366

I do indeed recognise Chris.

Top Bottom