What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Only one more gig planned this year - next Monday is Weaves at Cambridge's Portland Arms.

And bloody good they were to. 3 weeks or so ago I'd never heard of them when the track Slicked was played on 6Music and caught my attention. A bit of Youtubing and I realised I'd heard a couple of other tracks without registering who they were, both albums were Spotified and enjoyed, followed by the purchase of the gig ticket.

Gary E

Veteran
Saw OMD on Friday in Southampton.
Can't believe I never saw them first time around in the 80s - I now know that I should have made more effort - they were awesome :smile:

Gary E

Veteran
First time I’ve seen them so I have nothing to compare it to. That said, I doubt that many performers half his age could have kept up with him! It was bloody hot in there and it was all I could manage to jump up and down a bit and clap my hands over my head!!

U

User32269

Billy Bragg at the Philharmonic. First time I've ever seen him and had to sit down! Feel ancient, looked like a gigantic Saga Holiday reunion leaving the venue.
DSC_1002.JPG

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Saw OMD on Friday in Southampton.
Can't believe I never saw them first time around in the 80s - I now know that I should have made more effort - they were awesome :smile:
I DID see them the first time round - some time around '83 or '84 at the Ipswich Gaumont. Thanks for making me feel old.

Gary E

Veteran
I DID see them the first time round - some time around '83 or '84 at the Ipswich Gaumont. Thanks for making me feel old.
No idea why I never saw them back then. I had all their albums/singles and played them all the time. Still, better 30 odd years too late than never :smile: :smile: :smile:

U

User32269

I take it he was on form?
Yup, as always. Also, had a young guy from Southampton called Sean McGowan supporting. Very good.

U

User32269

He was very excited last Wednesday in Cambridge. I take it it's a common theme?
Yeah! My wife thought he sounded like a mix of Billy Bragg and The Streets. Was a bit spoilt by annoying people behind us chatting crap very loud throughout his set.

Went the Manchester arena to see The Tubes,The Mission and Alice Cooper.
The Tubes sounded like Steely Dan,just dull!
The Mission were better than I've seen them in years,
Alice Cooper was excellent as always,he wheeled out his original band members for the last few numbers,whose collaborative age must have been over 300 years

TVC

Just back from seeing China Crisis at The Rescue Rooms, Notts. They are performing better than ever, Gary and Eddie are on top of their game, and they have a couple of guys with them that are able to deliver the songs to record quality. We see them every year and hopefully will get to see them for many more years to come.

20171118_211815(0).jpg
20171118_201704.jpg
20171118_201656.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom