What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
On my way home from QOTSA at Wembley. Marvellous. Excellent setlist, excellent sound. And because I was using the tube rather than cycling back to Waterloo, I didn't miss anything this time :smile:

gaz71

Über Member
I went to see Frank Turner at the Hippodrome in Kingston on Thursday night.It was an excellent night with Frank on top form (i would say that as hes my favourite singer),he even got one of his crew to crowd surf.He played for about an hour and a half with every song being a real crowd pleaser.It was definately a 10/10 gig.

MikeG

Guru
I attended a Pink Floyd "In The Flesh" concert last night, with the stunning lightshow, giant pink pig, and the classic line up at their very best. It was truly wonderful, but my wife's restless leg syndrome woke me up just as they were getting into "Dogs". Shame....

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Went to The Killers at the O2 last night , amazing !
To top it all Brian Sumner was dragged on stage and the killers ripped into a New Order number which was pretty special .

TVC

Just got back from Terry & Gerry.
20171203_213504.jpg

32 years since I last saw them. From the first word of the first song the whole crowd sang and clapped and danced. It was a complete party, and the band have still got the joy and enthusiasm they had back in the day. Lu said she looked over and I was transfixed with a silly grin on my face. ^_^

They played my local a couple of weeks back, but I couldn't go :sad: I did threaten to bake them a CrinklyCake but wasn't quite organised enough!

Reactions: TVC

Lullabelle

Banana
Just got back from Terry & Gerry.
View attachment 385929

32 years since I last saw them. From the first word of the first song the whole crowd sang and clapped and danced. It was a complete party, and the band have still got the joy and enthusiasm they had back in the day. Lu said she looked over and I was transfixed with a silly grin on my face. ^_^

:rolleyes:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Queen + Adam Lambert at the FD Arena Leeds last night.

IMG_20171206_192000879_BURST001.jpg

Wasn't cheap, but it might be the last chance to see Brian May and Roger Taylor touring and I've heard very good things about Adam Lambert.

From the opening bars of We Will Rock You, I knew it was going to be a good gig.
Straight into my all time top three gigs.
Lets be honest, Queen have always put on a show and that's what we got last night with a two and a bit hour romp through their back catalogue.

Freddy even put in a virtual appearance
IMG_20171206_211158781_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
@simon.r .... which one is which?

A trip to Southport for us this weekend to see John Bramwell again. He's such a talented fella. It looks like I Am Kloot are no more, he's going solo.
Here's a pic of his mate, support act and backing musician Dave Fidler

IMG_5393.JPG

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The legends that are Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott at the Sheffield Arena

Paul and Jacqui were, as always, awesome. Paul was quite chatty between songs last night, and Jacqui bless her was struggling with a sore throat but soldiered on and they delivered a fantastic romp through the new album and a back catalogue that stretches right back to 1985.

IMG_20171209_205913078-ANIMATION.gif

However, Sheffield Arena is a dump of the highest order. It's one of the oldest arenas in the county and by heck you can't half tell. Bugger all leg room, grumpy staff and a stage about half a mile away. It was absolutely freezing in there last night, not helped by a cold breeze rattling through the place as the external doors open directly onto the concourse and the doors to the seating were being kept open. It's the first indoor gig I've been to where virtually the entire crowd kept their coats, hats, gloves and scarves on - there were even people sat with their hoods up trying to keep warm. It's the last gig we'll go to there - if we can't get tickets at Leeds or Manchester then we'd rather miss out that suffer that dump again.

Top Bottom