What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I'm surprised you don't like Steve Hackett, he seemed shite enough to be your kind of thing.

No, it would have taken some amount of Punk IPA to have done that...

As you know, my taste in music is impeccable and therefore Steve Hackett would indeed be filed under shite in the Chromatic musical lexicon.

PS
I'm going off Punk IPA, I don't seem to find it as enjoyable as I did when I first tried it.

One of our Consultants went to see Hayseed Dixie, at Holmfirth Picturedrome last week, & it seems his less than enthusiastic wife &daughters came out grinning & singing

It seems that they're on in Wakefield in a couple of weeks, I may look into purchasing tickets

One of our Consultants went to see Hayseed Dixie, at Holmfirth Picturedrome last week, & it seems his less than enthusiastic wife &daughters came out grinning & singing

It seems that they're on in Wakefield in a couple of weeks, I may look into purchasing tickets

Having just shown my wife a couple of YouTube clips, I got the same response as Dave did initially from his wife
Rather surprisingly, after being told to show daughter, she was a bit more positive, & will consider a 'dad/daughter' evening out (so long as I don't embarrass her, if we happen to see anyone she know)

http://warehouse23.co.uk/events/hayseed-dixie-2/

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Having just shown my wife a couple of YouTube clips, I got the same response as Dave did initially from his wife
Rather surprisingly, after being told to show daughter, she was a bit more positive, & will consider a 'dad/daughter' evening out (so long as I don't embarrass her, if we happen to see anyone she know)

http://warehouse23.co.uk/events/hayseed-dixie-2/
Do. They're terrific. Seen them four or five times, always been great.

TVC

I've also seen them several times, proper fun gigs ... I keep your poop in a jar.... John Wheeler is a pretty good songwriter himself, his solo stuff is well worth a listen...

I've not seen them since Don Wayne and Dale Reno left, it was a bit special to watch them play Duelling Banjos given that their dad played on the original recording (and it is assumed co-wrote without credit) with Arthur Smith.

Edit: added because I found it,

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just checked the latest show list. Not one I can make, grrr....never mind, they'll be round again soon enough.

Reactions: TVC

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Spooky stuff @threebikesmcginty, I just had one of those Amazon recommends e-mails and this was in it:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CFL5R18/ref=pe_1229601_192368321_em_1p_5_im

Goodness knows why.

Hmmmm. Unfortunately I followed the link, I'll get recommended all sorts of shite now. FFS.*

*FFS = feckin flute solo.

gaz71

Über Member
I saw The Charlatans at The Hippodrome in Kingston last night.They were brilliant,played for well over an hour playing old and new stuff.Im still pinching myself that i got to see them so close to where i live,and it was only £11 for the ticket AND their new album.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Kate Rusby last Sunday evening. We hadn't seen year for a year or few, and liked the previous version. McCusker's arrangements were way better than Damien O'K's, everything was all really rather monotone and unleavened we felt, which was a shame.

Top Bottom