What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You won't like seeing this then, a first public performance of their version of Stormy Monday.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=665072757016544&id=175240252666466
Good job I'm not on facebook then. :whistle:

TVC

Tonight were off to see Ian McCulloch of Echo and the bunnymen fame.

It's either going to be really good, or utter shite!
Someone I want to see, and strangely have never got round too. If you like him then check out The Icicle Works, saw them last year and were much better than I had expected.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Ian McCulloch-

The support was a lad called Kevin Pearce. He was so good. A fabulous falsetto voice and sublime, deft guitar playing.
As he finished I got up to go to the loo. The couple next to me were clapping frantically "isn't it great when you find a good support act " I said. It was his mum and dad next to us! Whe had a nice chat with them then I had a good chat with him. I bought his CD.

Ian McCulloch was great! We were surprised! Just him and his guitar. He had limitations, but admitted it, which is fair enough. He did pull out of a couple of songs part way through, but over all he won us over and we left feeling good.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Damn right!

I went to the Buxton Festival some time in the mid-70s and it rained all day. Then Family came on and still it rained and rained. And it rained and rained until Roger Chapman started singing "Well I know that you're lonely, come in from the cold", and the clouds parted ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXVicX3P5bk

Damn right!

I've see Chappo live and he puts on a great show, I really can't get on with his voice on record though.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Sell out show with Shakin Stevens at the Shepherds Bush Empire showcasing his last album which is excellent. He also played a few older numbers; Marie Marie, So Long Baby, Radio, Have You Ever Seen The Rain, Chuck Berry tribute, etc. And a completely reworked This Old House and Green Door. Great 7 piece band and backing singers, if you like turbo charged rock and roll you'd have liked it, if you wanted 80s Shaky only, not your show.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Another great gig tonight by John Bramwell at St Giles church, Wrexham.

IMG_1709.JPG

Reactions: TVC

clid61

Veteran
Ian McCulloch-

The support was a lad called Kevin Pearce. He was so good. A fabulous falsetto voice and sublime, deft guitar playing.
As he finished I got up to go to the loo. The couple next to me were clapping frantically "isn't it great when you find a good support act " I said. It was his mum and dad next to us! Whe had a nice chat with them then I had a good chat with him. I bought his CD.

Ian McCulloch was great! We were surprised! Just him and his guitar. He had limitations, but admitted it, which is fair enough. He did pull out of a couple of songs part way through, but over all he won us over and we left feeling good.
Saw him and ian Brody at Helens Citadel a few years back 2 men 2 acoustic guitars, excellent !

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Last Thursday night, the ever-splendid Einstürzende Neubauten at the Forum in Kentish Town. Tomorrow night: Leftfield at Brixton Academy. Hopefully not bringing plaster down from the ceiling this time!

Top Bottom