What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
What did you think of them?

Absolutely loved them. The Tramshed is an all standing small venue and it was a really intimate gig. They played a couple of acoustic numbers and for one of them they just walked out in to the middle of the audience. I really like their music so to see them live was a treat.

I posted a couple of pictures on the photography thread here which may give you a flavour of what it was like.

The support were a band called Banfi and I thought they were great too - I'd pay to go and see them in their own right.

gaz71

Über Member
Absolutely loved them. The Tramshed is an all standing small venue and it was a really intimate gig. They played a couple of acoustic numbers and for one of them they just walked out in to the middle of the audience. I really like their music so to see them live was a treat.

I posted a couple of pictures on the photography thread here which may give you a flavour of what it was like.

The support were a band called Banfi and I thought they were great too - I'd pay to go and see them in their own right.
Great photos,I cant believe how close you were to them.

TVC

31 years after buying Psychocandy I finally got to see them tonight
20170328_212030.jpg

The wait was worth it, front row near the speaker stack. Blistering, raged, angry and very loud.

The support The Shimmer Band were damn good too, a lead singer with genuine swagger, a rhythm section straight out of The Ramones and sci-fi keyboards. Every song delivered as a wall of sound with massive confidence.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Going to see the Stranglers on Saturday. Not sure how this will work out. Hugh Cornwell has left and Jet Black, although technically a member of the band, no longer performs live. So it's Jean Jacques Burnel, Dave Greenfield and some other guys

Still, they are part of the soundtrack of my youth so I'll be there. In a juxtaposition of Punk and Middle Class values, we shall be going for a nice Thai meal before the gig

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Friday night- a Christmas present from Mrs Dave. We went to see Paul Weller at the royal Albert hall. We really loved the venue, it's a place I'd wanted to go in for a long time.

First act- Stone Foundation. They had a beefed up Style Council sound. They were good.

Second act- Kelly Jones. I love this bloke. He can do no wrong in my eyes. He can sing, play and write great songs. He also knows that people want to hear the oldies, so he plays them

Weller- when he was playing stuff people knew and liked then he was good. Sadly he doesn't seem to be aware of the crowd. He plays for himself. I was looking around the crowd during one of these songs and most people's attention was elsewhere. With a back catalogue like his I'm not sure why he does it. He's probably just up himself.

People with Paul Weller haircuts look very silly too!

King No-One, at the Brudenell in Leeds.
View media item 9484Because the EldestCub is a fan, and won't be able to make their home(theirs and ours)town gig in a couple of weeks because we're visiting people that evening so I borrowed him for the night from his dad on a Cubs-away weekend and took him and his mate to Leeds, continuing his induction into Silly Gigging Adventures....
View media item 9486I struggle to take KNO seriously, to be honest. But the beer at the Brudenell is decent, and cheap :biggrin:
View media item 9485

Top Bottom