What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Nothing for a few months, then three on consecutive days...

Sunday - Jesca Hoop at Norwich Epic Studios - she was good but there was something missing - don't know if it was the disappointingly small audience or the venue (a TV large studio with a curtain used as a partition).
Monday - Jesca Hoop (again) at Cambridge's Portland Arms - almost didn't go after Sunday, but I'm loath to waste tickets that have been paid for. However, this was so much better - a decent sized and enthusiastic crowd and a 'proper' venue seemed to feed back into the performance.
Tuesday - back to Norwich, this time the Arts Centre for Haley Bonar which was brilliant.

Now another break for a few months before the double header of The Selecter and The Beat at Norwich UEA.

TVC

Last night, The Who at Sheffield Arena. Much better than I expected. Two hours of all the best stuff and they did Tommy in its entirety. I've spent the whole day with Baba O'Reilly going through my brain. Nice.

Last edited:

gaz71

Über Member
Saw Maximo Park in Kingston last night.It was a really good night,they played for just over an hour and every song was really good.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Just got home from Think Floyd at my local (and very good) theatre.
I've seen a lot of Floyd tributes, from the biggies (Aussie one) down, but this is the first time I've seen this one.
Astonishingly good, running through the entire range of PF albums in chronological order in 2 & 3/4 hrs to celebrate 50 years since the first hit.
Do try to catch them, they're out and about now - I believe they're playing the Waterside theatre in Aylesbury in a week or two.

TVC

A bit late because I was having a weeks holiday from the internet, but we had another night with Leicester's greatest band The Della Grants again last saturday.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Great night at Farncombe with one of the best singers you've probably never heard of.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Top Bottom