What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just got back from seeing Wheatus at Milton Keynes. Absolutely fantastic, one of the best gigs I've been to.

Red17

Veteran
Ok, not strictly a gig but just back from Black Sabbath the ballet.
IMG_20231018_232233.jpg

Wasn't sure what to expect as I'm not a massive ballet fan, but really enjoyed it.

Amazing how the music didn't seem out of place, and an appearance by Tony Iommi for the finale.

Reactions: C R

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
not last night but last weekend was Lancaster Music Festival... 50 venues, over 200 acts and 300+ performances from Thursday to Sunday. I booked friday to sunday off work with a view to spend every waking minute enjoying the festival and living off cheap beer and fast food... but I got a bout of sciatica at work on the thursday morning which scuppered my festival plans :sad:

I did manage to stand up for an hour on friday afternoon to watch Stringman; guitar loops and singing. Very good.
Back felt better on Saturday so got to see some trad Chinise musicians, an umpah band from scotland, a fraction of the rock group Eddie & the Wolves, and the awesome Uptown Monotones who raised the roof at the Priory... but after six hours upright i'd overdone it so spent most of sunday flat on my back, and Monday too when i should have been at work.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tonight, Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple) at the Electric Ballroom in Camden
If I went to sleep tonight and never woke up, I would be happy in the thoughts that I saw Glenn belt out two of my favourite Deep Purple tracks 'Gettin' Tighter' and 'You Keep On Moving' once again. Flippin' supurb. The Voice Of Rock has still got it.
20231025_223558.jpg

20231025_212655.jpg

20231025_212649.jpg

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Three upcoming gigs in Hong Kong in December.

The Idles, Pulp and, just announced this morning, De La Soul.

Rod Stewart is playing here in March next year and I'm kind of tempted to grab a ticket and go when they go on sale on Friday. ^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
Three upcoming gigs in Hong Kong in December.

The Idles, Pulp and, just announced this morning, De La Soul.

Rod Stewart is playing here in March next year and I'm kind of tempted to grab a ticket and go when they go on sale on Friday. ^_^

I'd be tempted to go see the Rod. His time with the Faces and his earlier solo work were very good, and he still does a lot of it live.

vickster

Legendary Member
Emeli Sande at the Royal Festival Hall, just her cracking voice and a piano.
With good support from a very chilled singer called August Charles (plus a keyboard player and violinist)

SWMBO & I, are off to see 'Bootleg Blondie', at Holmfirth Picturedrome, on Saturday

The last time we were there was in November '21, for Hayseed Dixie

To me/personally, it was just noise
Whether the mixing was ‘off’, or it was in conjunction with my tinnitus, it wasn’t a good show
We left about 45 minutes before the end (or when we thought it would finish)

Her voice was getting lost in the guitar

However, she looks the part, has the correct attire, the right moves

No such issues, when we saw ‘Hayseed Dixie’

IMG_8301.jpeg

IMG_8302.jpeg

Top Bottom