What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
The other week I saw Gary Numan at the Roadmender. On Friday it was Where's Mitchell, The Barratts and Rolling Thunder at the Garibaldi Hotel. Last night my daughter went to a gig at the O2 Academy in Brum and I had the pleasure of a 120 mile round trip to pick her and her friends up. In the pouring rain, on the M6 at 50mph, through roadworks.

We are going to see him tonight :hyper:

Lullabelle

Banana
Book of Mormon

An absolute hoot from start to finish, though definitely not for the easily offended! I was interested to see if there was any crossover from their other Mormon bashing effort, Orgazmo, but there wasn't. I suppose when you've got so much ammunition it's easy to not repeat material.

We saw that a couple of years ago-very clever, very funny.

AndyRM

XOXO
Barns Courtney

Great music, though I do prefer his earlier stuff, spoiled by a weirdly off kilter atmosphere; the place was full of kids (I'm 33, for perspective) and it was like they'd been allowed out for the first time. Even the band looked vaguely baffled when they started a circle pit for a relatively innocuous tune.

Barns needs to develop a bit of his own stage persona too I think, the Mick Jagger crossed with Pete Doherty thing is hardly original.

Old jon

Guru
Have to brag, went to listen to Brendan Croker.
He did two brilliant sets. I went to buy a final pint, back into the concert room and he handed me a guitar. Damn, I only had one tune in my fingers, and that not too well.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
John Otway and 'Wild' Willy Barrett at the 'Musician' in Leicester, superb as always.

Maz bought an Album too, a version of their first one recorded live straight onto the cutting lathe according to Willy and got it signed. Took it out to play it when we got home and one LP is translucent Blue the other Green. :becool:

Top Bottom