What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This has just popped up on my social media feed

I'm very tempted to get tickets for 'Senior Management' & me for Leeds O2 next year

In case you're wondering.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_HN50TLuaI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnZ1NQm2uk

AndyRM

XOXO
This has just popped up on my social media feed

View attachment 493476

I'm very tempted to get tickets for 'Senior Management' & me for Leeds O2 next year

In case you're wondering.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_HN50TLuaI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnZ1NQm2uk

You should. Great fun live!

AndyRM

XOXO
Earth (last Thursday). My boyfriend's review sums them up perfectly "Mind. Blown." If they are playing anywhere near you, get amongst.

They closed with this, which is my favourite. It's about their old van.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Last Sunday, forty years to the day since I first saw them live, Hawkwind's 50th anniversary tour at O2 Academy Glasgow. I was amazed that any of them are still alive, there must be something to be said for 'herbal' remedies. :whistle:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Last Sunday, forty years to the day since I first saw them live, Hawkwind's 50th anniversary tour at O2 Academy Glasgow. I was amazed that any of them are still alive, there must be something to be said for 'herbal' remedies. :whistle:

We saw them last night in Bristol. Pretty good gig. I do prefer their prog rock / heavy rock stuff to the more run of the mill stuff, butt it's silly to miss out seeing such a band live, given the venue was maybe 200 yards from our house.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Danish rockers D-A-D at Dingwalls in Camden.

There are some bands that get better with age and each album they make is better then the last.
D-A-D are a case in point.

I've seen them a good few times now and have never seen them do a duff gig.
A brilliant night of Rock n Roll.
1574417731501.png

1574417783525.png

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Mik Artistic's Ego Trip in Preston... daft lyrics and solid rock & roll, rambling monologues, questionable hats, a little bit of poetry and a raffle. Thoroughly enjoyed the gig, but was gutted that the winning raffle ticket was number 50 when I had number 51 :blush: ...but I can't grumble because the winner of the raffle was also the person who bought me the ticket for Xmas.

that's 44 gigs so far this year... 6 to go and I've no idea what they are yet.

Last edited:

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Fat White Family at the Boiler Shop in the Toon.

Very tight band with a charismatic frontman in the Jagger/Iggy Pop mould. Half the songs were 'hair standing up on the back of the neck' standard and the other half were utter shite. Low point was when five of the band left the stage for 'refreshments*' leaving a guitar and flute combo to perform a dirge that sucked all the energy from the room.

When the rest of the band returned, re-energised*, to the stage they should have taken the opportunity to lift us back up with a belter but instead gradually built to a crescendo through the second half of the gig.

They didn't play 'Breaking into Aldi' which was a shame as it's a classic modern punk song.

Didn't stay for the encore. 5/10

*apparently they're all clean now so it would just have been a Red Bull or similar

Chris S

Legendary Member
I went to see Blank Generation, they were supposed to be playing the entire London Calling album (by the Clash) to mark the 40th anniversary of its release. They only knew how to play half the songs so in true punk rock style they left the other ones out. They then did a second set of other covers to make up the time.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I went to see Blank Generation, they were supposed to be playing the entire London Calling album (by the Clash) to mark the 40th anniversary of its release. They only knew how to play half the songs so in true punk rock style they left the other ones out. They then did a second set of other covers to make up the time.

On a similar theme, 40 years after I'd seen the Jam supported by the Vapours at the King George's hall, Blackburn (it wasn't this weekend but the one before) we went to see From the Jam (the original bassist) do the 40th anniversary tour of the release of the Setting Sons album and were supported by...the Vapours! I have to say From the Jam were a disappointment and were overshadowed by their support act. Sorry, but that's how I saw it!

Adam4868

Guru
On a similar theme, 40 years after I'd seen the Jam supported by the Vapours at the King George's hall, Blackburn (it wasn't this weekend but the one before) we went to see From the Jam (the original bassist) do the 40th anniversary tour of the release of the Setting Sons album and were supported by...the Vapours! I have to say From the Jam were a disappointment and were overshadowed by their support act. Sorry, but that's how I saw it!
I feel your pain ! Unfortunately it's not the Jam without Weller.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I saw From the Jam 10 years ago when Bruce Foxton and Rick Buckler were both still in it. I got the impression it was just their pension plan. I didn't bother going to their next gig.

Top Bottom