What happens when a cyclist breaks the speed limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Ah OK, so you'd rather just stick to ambiguous insults to other members so that no-one can call you out on it. Gotcha :okay:
No, you'd be wrong about this as well. As I see no point in becoming involved in "arguments", for want of a better word, I prefer only to quote posts which I agree with. If I disagree with points in a thread I try to post in a general manner. I most certainly do not insult people.

Without looking back there are two specific points I can recall you made; you ride a yellow cargo bike pulling a trailer and you use a camera.

Any opinion you may have posted I couldn't identify specifically with yourself. That's not to be disparaging or unpleasant but simply how I chose to post.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
So what would call implying people who have posted here are selfish, self-entitled and inconsiderate? Banter? Light hearted japes?
No. It would in my opinion be an accurate description of the approach some choose to take. Just as it would be for the attitude of some drivers.

As I've already said I don't like to get involved in these discussions on a personal level. This is the direction this is headed so I won't be responding further.

Boopop

Guru
It would in my opinion be an accurate description of the approach some choose to take.

According to Wikipedia " An insult is an expression or statement (or sometimes behavior) which is disrespectful or scornful. ". I suspect calling others self-entitled, inconsiderate and selfish would be considered disrespectful, but perhaps that is just me.

As I've already said I don't like to get involved in these discussions on a personal level. This is the direction this is headed so I won't be responding further.

No, you just like to vaguely imply insults towards people yet despite the obvious definition of the word claim they're not insults. Anyway, have a good day I guess.

Solocle

Über Member
Pedestrians, just like cyclists, should be entitled to make mistakes without being flattened.
Well, if I flatten them when they assume I'm doing 5 mph and walk out in front of me, at least they're not going to carry on to their car oblivious, assume that I am doing 5 mph, and flatten me. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom