What have you bought for the bike but never used?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freiston

Veteran
Aside from the usual stuff (spares & consumables - and I'm including a couple of Fiber Fix emergency spokes in that), not a lot.

I do have a couple of handlebars that were put on the bike and removed with hardly any use: a Modolo Gran Fondo that I wasn't fully happy with when on the bike, and a Velo Orange Grand Cru Course (was too narrow for a very large [16 litre] Axiom handlebar bag and replaced with a wider VO Grand Cru Course).

I bought a Sunrace 7 speed thumbshifter with the intention of replacing the twist-shifter on my folding bike but discovered an old Tourney SIS thumbshifter in my "box of bits" and used that instead.

I also have a "spare" Klickfix handlebar bag bracket that was bought when I converted an Axiom handlebar bag to Klickfix mounting and then discovered that both the converted bag and my Ortlieb bag work equally with Klickfix and Ortlieb brackets (I have a Klickfix bracket on my folding bike and an Ortlieb bracket on my touring bike), which is handy because I can use either bag on either bike without changing any fittings.

mustang1

Guru
Valve core extractor.

Brava210

Über Member
I bought a wheel alignment at the local bike shop..... the wheel was exactly the same after, then he quoted £240 for a replacement. I sourced 2 matching wheels for £95.
Not quite relating to thread but still a waste of money

Top Bottom