What have you bought for the bike but never used?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That would be a great band name... perhaps for an ex-glam rock star, having something of a career revival through his long-time passion for country-tinged soft rock
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Stein Hypercracker and the Fiber Spokes :smile:
So is Banco the Budgie

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My fella bought me one of those little skull cap hats. I think it is supposed to be worn under a helmet (which i rarely wear )
Makes me look like an escaped mental patient. Won't be appearing in public in it any time soon!

I can imagine it wouldn't make for a good hair day.

Another point is some helmet makers advise against wearing any garment under their helmets.

I can't see a thin skull cap would make much difference, but like you, I rarely wear a helmet.

Mine nearly qualifies for this thread.

JPBoothy

Veteran
I can imagine it wouldn't make for a good hair day.

Another point is some helmet makers advise against wearing any garment under their helmets.

I can't see a thin skull cap would make much difference, but like you, I rarely wear a helmet.

Mine nearly qualifies for this thread.
You must be one of lucky people with hair to keep your heads warm :headshake:

bladesman73

Über Member
A comprehensive tool kit which after a few uses made me realise my skills are limited to changing tubes and asjusting brakes only!

Firestorm

Veteran
Boot mounted bike rack , used it once and changed the car , it doesn't fit a new shape Clio so still in the garage.
Must get round to unloading it.
I also bought a motorbike platform off a neighbour, thought it would be really useful til I went to use it and found it only works on bikes with a cradle frame, which neither of mine have.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
There is all the touring kit I spent a few hundred on four or five years ago... back rack and one pannier gets daily use. The front rack and other three panniers, tangia stove, compact tent, Exped downmat and down sleeping bag and various other handy bits of kit are all still waiting for their first tour :shy:

Last edited:

Fredo76

Über Member

My 'stealth' wheels. I want to enjoy my classic build for awhile. Probably a long while.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A water bottle shaped thing to keep tools in. Never used it as I have a water bottle with water in where it would go.
I think I added it to an order to get free postage from PlanetX.

Sharky

Guru
I would like to say - a puncture repair kit, but have used it.
But I did buy a rain jacket last year and it's never been worn yet. I never start a ride nowadays when it is already raining and I've been lucky to get home before any rains start again.

Chislenko

Veteran
Two brand new chainrings, 50-34 which I bought off a chap on here three years ago which are still sat on a shelf in the garage.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i seem to have an abundance of unused inner tubes.

but i have used the compact tent, tangia type stove and down sleeping bag since posting in 2016 :okay: The exped downmat ended up in the bin.

Top Bottom