What have you bought for the bike but never used?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
All manner of things, although I'm sure I'll use them at some point (or sell them on eBay).
I'm appalling for buying things because they are reduced/a 'bargain'
Off the top of my head still unused in their packaging:
3 chains
A cassette
A couple of ladies' saddles
A new front light
A pair of 28mm tyres
At least half a dozen inner tubes (all of which I think fit bikes I still own :laugh:)

There's a new unworn pair or shorts (these will get worn if it ever warms up enough) and a pair of cycling socks in the drawer too (possibly other unworn clothing :rolleyes: )

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A lot, primarily because I like to have a stock of items. So we've chains, cassettes, tyres, tubes, bar tape, etc. Even things like chainrings and bottom brackets.

Over the past two years we've been slowly working through the stock due to shortages and price rises.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I have some flat bar 9 speed brakes and shifters bought at a great price 2 years ago and a single speed chain. Nearly all my other stock of parts has been used to repair neighbours' and friends' bikes over the last couple of years.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Brand New Unused 1" Cartridge Dura Ace headset. Ended up with two when getting hold of one was near on impossible, then two arrived at once. Worth a small fortune now.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What's it like if you'd like to offload?

Sixmile

Veteran
Seasucker Huske fork mount and plugs
Alpkit Confucious Handlebars
Bob ibex style trailer
Giro Jacket II shoes
Giro Stylus Road Shoes

Big T

Guru
I have a garage full of stuff!
I bought a map trap to use on audaxes, but soon after bought a Garmin, so the map trap has never been used. I bought a Spa Tourer frame to replace my rusty Ridgeback, but soon after bought a 2nd hand Dawes Super Galaxy, so the Spa hangs in the garage unused. I bought an SQR mount for my Carradice Saddlebag. I think I used it once - takes up too much room on the seat post.

Top Bottom