What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Crankbrothers multitool, Kryptonite D-lock and chain, Thule lock knobs for carrier.

Not ordered yet, but going to buy a pair of these Duranos to put in storage for my CGR, in a '28'
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Schwalbe-Durano-Plus-SmartGuard-700c-Road-Tyre_51824.htm

Senior Managements
Boardman has a pair of Schwalbe (Citizen - whatever they are?? - look like the Marathon tread) with reflective banding, it's very effective

Mudguards added, since this picture
Boardman. HYB86. 8.JPG

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
New set of brake and gear cables and some bar tape.
Got a weeks holiday next week so am going to strip the commuter bike down and give it a right old going over.

A shirt sleeved jersey (wishful thinking in this weather!), a long sleeved thermal jersey (went up a size so it can double up as a jacket) and a pair of MTB shorts with removable padded undershorts.

These arrived this morning. The jerseys are fine, but the shorts have to go back as they're like a circus tent. And the reviews all said that the shorts come up a bit on the small side... :scratch:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
A pair of Vittoria G+ tyres, and another impulse ebay purchase of a pair of wheels with Campagnolo Chorus hubs and Mavic Open Pro rims.

I may need therapy to cure the bike wheel accumulation, I clearly have too many, evidenced by the fact I can't remember off-hand how many I actually have.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I just went to check, oh dear, 15 pairs of fully working road wheels and 1 pair for spares/repair, and 1 pair of MTB wheels. I don't even have a shed so they are all dotted around the house:blush:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My old cycling shoes are literally falling apart. I have reglued them 3 or 4 times but the interval between repairs has fallen from every 5 or 6 rides to every 1 or 2 now. The straps are not going to last much longer and the metal loops they pass through are breaking - I have replaced 2 broken loops with loops of cable tie.

So, it was time to buy new shoes. I'm skint so they had to be cheap but I didn't want to risk some unknown Chinese brand on eBay. I have had problems with Shimano shoes being way too tight but I have taken a chance and ordered a bargain pair I found at Chain Reaction Cycles - THESE. To be on the safe side I have gone up 2 shoes sizes, on the grounds that the last pair were too tight, 1 size above my usual.

I'll report back when they arrive in a few days time.

Top Bottom