What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
A pair of decathlon bib shorts. Too big.
A pair of decathlon baggy cycling shorts. Too big.

Swapping them tomorrow.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
IMG_20190621_123538_152.jpg
I always prefer to make than buy. In 2 minutes I made a bar out of wood to take my gps and phone on the Brompton. Works a treat.

Last edited:
A pair of decathlon bib shorts. Too big.
A pair of decathlon baggy cycling shorts. Too big.

Swapping them tomorrow.

Decathlon stuff is good, but their sizing tends to be a bit of a lottery. :thumbsdown: Most of my trips there seem to involve trying stuff on. But once you've worked out your size for that particular item (they're not even consistent across their various ranges), only then can you buy online or take off the shelf without worrying if it's going to fit. :laugh:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I discovered that some time ago when I bought 3 pairs of tights/leggings.
1 pair of bib type in a medium and 2 normal in medium. The bib ones had much shorter legs.
The current baggy shorts are a medium and the lycra ones are short and both have the same fit. :wacko:
The pad in the lycra shorts is wide enough to cover an elephants arse but the legs are tight enough to make an anorexic stick insect struggle to get into them. Hopefully they'll loosen in time.

I discovered that some time ago when I bought 3 pairs of tights/leggings.
1 pair of bib type in a medium and 2 normal in medium. The bib ones had much shorter legs.
The current baggy shorts are a medium and the lycra ones are short and both have the same fit. :wacko:
The pad in the lycra shorts is wide enough to cover an elephants arse but the legs are tight enough to make an anorexic stick insect struggle to get into them. Hopefully they'll loosen in time.

Mmmm, well I need a small in t-shirts, a medium in cycling jerseys, small in cycling shorts but large in tights and a 40 in walking trousers. So it's all over the shop - literally. :laugh:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bought some used things to build up a bent Raleigh touring frame I intend to unbend. Bars, with bar end shifters, disc brakes, wheels with discs, levers.

bluezelos

Just like to add this is brilliant ^^^^^^.
Couldn't get my head around the Garmin, but everything about this unit is great for what I need, been out on a couple of trips using it and immensly impressed with everything it does. I realise it's a bit trial and error with these things, but I would recommend this over a Garmin anyday.

Tom B

Guru
Which garmin did you have? My garmin 520 has been nicked at work and I'd like to replace it when and if funds allow.

520 plus would be the current go to model as the updates over the 520 in terms of routing hit the spot for me. It's just the £200 I can't afford

tom73

Guru
Picked up at the York Rally over the weekend a pair of M540 for the london rd. Great condition , like new and only £5 :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom