What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. Justinitus

Justinitus Someone mention cake??

New tyres for the Revolt arrived, so off I pootled to B&Q for 1 metre of 5mm tubing (well, 1.6m actually as he had no tape measure and guessed the length) to make up a tubeless inflator. Total cost £1.08! Seated the first tyre no problem - put 80psi in and woooosh...pop pop pop!! Its now too hot to do the other so I’m going to do it this evening. Beer time!

3FB8D2B8-6E43-4118-B8C7-9A363A5136EC.jpeg

Gravity Aided and Johnno260 like this.
  2. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Bought me a new jersey today.

Screenshot_2019-06-29-23-38-15.png

3. Wound up with a Deore RD, SRAM & FD, FSA Mega Exo cranks. Enough to be able to get it all to play together, but on site substitutions may have to be made.
    Taking my brother-in-law to brunch after mass today, I'll get his input on the project. He's more involved with steel on a daily basis.

DCBassman likes this.
  4. Back wheel with 8 spd cassette.
    Two 26" inner tubes with Presa valves
    Two 26" Wheel bands
    One hopefully solid kickstand (last one expired after about a decade...)

DCBassman and Gravity Aided like this.
  5. Domus

Domus Über Member

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt Bundle arrived today.^_^
    Set up but can't ride 'till Tuesday :sad:

6. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Following this mornings puncture on my commute (thankfully just 1/2 mile away) ...a pair of Marathon Plus Refex, once found on Halfords I suddenly thought I wonder if there are any discount codes, found and applied a 15% code, £7.50 saved.
    Off to pick them up after tea.

Duly picked up after some confusion finding my reservation details, I including the applied discount at Halfords although the guy on the bike side was very likeable so no problem. He was surprised there was a 15% off code on tyres but no problem he said, we will honour it.

Duly fitted and test ridden, no problems fitting either.

Last edited: 1 Jul 2019
  7. I have just been informed of a Schwinn Sports Tourer in my area, and have set a time to examine it.

DCBassman likes this.
  8. richardfm

richardfm Regular

When ever you buy anything in Halfords check the price on their website. It will often be cheaper on the website than the ticket on the shelf in the store. If you show them the web price they will match it....and if you have a discount code it is then aplied

NorthernDave, Gravity Aided and gbb like this.
  9. YukonBoy

YukonBoy The Monch

Nowt but browsing web for some rims to build up.

Gravity Aided likes this.
  10. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Yep got caught like that before (just going into the shop). Henever possible, buy online, reserve, apply code if possible... bingo.

11. 8mph

8mph Senior Member

I bought a nobby nic 26x2.1 tyre plus 2x inner tubes, Puncture repair kit, glueless patches for my mountain bike and a 18t single speed conversion kit, 36t alloy chainring, 26.6mm aluminium seat post, KMC chain, two packets of loose bearings, all of which should complete my Rockhopper project.

Threevok and LeetleGreyCells like this.
  12. Threevok

Threevok President of the Not From Brazil party

Look forward to seeing that :becool:

13. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Resistance is futile! Moderator

I've just bought some tyres, tubes and bar tape for the Carlton, more bar tape for the Raleigh, tyres for the trike and yet more tyres for my Ribble. Poundland have got 20 tubes for a pound, so I'll invest in a load of those later. I also need a set of cables for the Carlton, and Coke to de-rust the chrome plating on the rims.
    Aiming to restore this, use it for a while and then sell it on. red carlton.jpg .

Vantage and Threevok like this.
  14. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

A pair of Michelin 27x1 1/4 tyres for my old Dawes Galaxy

Gravity Aided and Low Gear Guy like this.
  15. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Another jersey. Had to send the last one back as the colour did not suit me.^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice