What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
New tyres for the Revolt arrived, so off I pootled to B&Q for 1 metre of 5mm tubing (well, 1.6m actually as he had no tape measure and guessed the length) to make up a tubeless inflator. Total cost £1.08! Seated the first tyre no problem - put 80psi in and woooosh...pop pop pop!! Its now too hot to do the other so I’m going to do it this evening. Beer time!

3FB8D2B8-6E43-4118-B8C7-9A363A5136EC.jpeg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Bought me a new jersey today.

Screenshot_2019-06-29-23-38-15.png

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Wound up with a Deore RD, SRAM & FD, FSA Mega Exo cranks. Enough to be able to get it all to play together, but on site substitutions may have to be made.
Taking my brother-in-law to brunch after mass today, I'll get his input on the project. He's more involved with steel on a daily basis.

gbb

Legendary Member
Following this mornings puncture on my commute (thankfully just 1/2 mile away) ...a pair of Marathon Plus Refex, once found on Halfords I suddenly thought I wonder if there are any discount codes, found and applied a 15% code, £7.50 saved.
Off to pick them up after tea.

Duly picked up after some confusion finding my reservation details, I including the applied discount at Halfords although the guy on the bike side was very likeable so no problem. He was surprised there was a 15% off code on tyres but no problem he said, we will honour it.

Duly fitted and test ridden, no problems fitting either.

Last edited:

richardfm

Veteran
Following this mornings puncture on my commute (thankfully just 1/2 mile away) ...a pair of Marathon Plus Refex, once found on Halfords I suddenly thought I wonder if there are any discount codes, found and applied a 15% code, £7.50 saved.
Off to pick them up after tea.

Duly picked up after some confusion finding my reservation details, I including the applied discount at Halfords although the guy on the bike side was very likeable so no problem. He was surprised there was a 15% off code on tyres but no problem he said, we will honour it.

Duly fitted and test ridden, no problems fitting either.
When ever you buy anything in Halfords check the price on their website. It will often be cheaper on the website than the ticket on the shelf in the store. If you show them the web price they will match it....and if you have a discount code it is then aplied

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Nowt but browsing web for some rims to build up.

gbb

Legendary Member
When ever you buy anything in Halfords check the price on their website. It will often be cheaper on the website than the ticket on the shelf in the store. If you show them the web price they will match it....and if you have a discount code it is then aplied
Yep got caught like that before (just going into the shop). Henever possible, buy online, reserve, apply code if possible... bingo.

8mph

Veteran
I bought a nobby nic 26x2.1 tyre plus 2x inner tubes, Puncture repair kit, glueless patches for my mountain bike and a 18t single speed conversion kit, 36t alloy chainring, 26.6mm aluminium seat post, KMC chain, two packets of loose bearings, all of which should complete my Rockhopper project.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I bought a nobby nic 26x2.1 tyre plus 2x inner tubes, Puncture repair kit, glueless patches for my mountain bike and a 18t single speed conversion kit, 36t alloy chainring, 26.6mm aluminium seat post, KMC chain, two packets of loose bearings, all of which should complete my Rockhopper project.

Look forward to seeing that :becool:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've just bought some tyres, tubes and bar tape for the Carlton, more bar tape for the Raleigh, tyres for the trike and yet more tyres for my Ribble. Poundland have got 20 tubes for a pound, so I'll invest in a load of those later. I also need a set of cables for the Carlton, and Coke to de-rust the chrome plating on the rims.
Aiming to restore this, use it for a while and then sell it on.
red carlton.jpg

Top Bottom