What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Brompton seat (new to me!)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Brompton seat (new to me!)

View attachment 508356

I like the Brompton saddle, not least because it's nicely finished on the underside.

I use the Brooks saddle on my ebike as a grab point to manhandle the bike.

The underside has lots of rough edges which make it unpleasant to grip.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

Yes, that's identical other than branding. Wow. The same light for £45 inc P&P from China at full price where full price from Polaris is £130. No brainer.

Aargh! Too many options now! What to do?!

PDW 650 beast 'fenders' ; actually two sets for my Kanzo and the beter half's newly built Cotic Escapade as they are both running 650 x 47c tyres.

After 13 years I finally bought a new track pump. I wasn't sure I was getting enough pressure into my air tank. As for the first time I had trouble seating a tubeless tyre. Gave up in the end and took it to a lbs in the end. They gave up too. Then I had a eureka moment and decided to buy another brand of tyre. The new tyre seated first time :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
PlanetX Nanolight frame bought for £50 of a club-mate to start a lightweight hillclimb build. I'm going to need something whilst at home for 12+ weeks.
Dura Ace bottom bracket also bought for it.
Along with some lightweight brake / gear cable parts

Need a lightweight seatpost now, along with a cheap brake-only Dura Ace / Ultegra LH and a working 11 speed Dura Ace RH. I've got the rest ...

pawl

Legendary Member
PlanetX Nanolight frame bought for £50 of a club-mate to start a lightweight hillclimb build. I'm going to need something whilst at home for 12+ weeks.
Dura Ace bottom bracket also bought for it.
Along with some lightweight brake / gear cable parts

Need a lightweight seatpost now, along with a cheap brake-only Dura Ace / Ultegra LH and a working 11 speed Dura Ace RH. I've got the rest ...

See if you can hide one of those electronic motor thingys in some where You will fit up the hills.

shornby

Regular
I went into Halfords and bought some Muck Off (getting ready for the weekend cleaning ) and some chain lube. The guy dropped the chain lube and it broke and spilled out over the floor lol
[/QUOTE Top tip --- go to Silverline Tools and buy their chain cleaning device -- brilliant --- pour your Muc Off into it --- or buy from "the Range" if you have one near you- I ve never seen my chain so clean

shornby

Regular
New chain- desperately hoping the cassette hasn't worn beyond use- I also bought some electrolyte tablets as CRC no longer does free delivery so had to bump it up a bit.
I've also exchanged my tesco clubcard points for an Evans voucher which is going towards a charge spoon.
have you got a chain gauge ? Vital if you are a keen bikie -- Recommend Park tools

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well I bought these a few days ago but turned up yesterday but have just opened them .

Rims are a non matching set of 27" alloy 36/40 holed variety for an impending project

RobinS

Veteran
Well I have decided to start refurbing the touring bikes, in the hope we may be able to tour later in the year. Couple of days ago ordered new mudguards for JanetS' bike from Tredz, delivery expected this afternoon, and also 4 new tyres, 2 chains, and new butterfly bar foam from Spa Cycles. This delivery arrived this morning, but they have sent the wrong size tyres! Their initial response is that I have to go to the post office, and pay myself to send them back and they will send the right ones "when they can". From what I have always considered a decent bike shop this is completely unacceptable - so I am waiting for a better response - incidentally I can buy the tyres cheaper elsewhere!

Levo-Lon

Guru
A new set of Sun Ringle Duroc 35 wheels .. CRC bargain.
Came with Shimano and SRAM XD free hub ,very nice..
And a new set of Renthal bars.

I'm thinking a nice July Ride out:cry:

Top Bottom