What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shimano TL-FD68 Front Derailleur Cable Setting Tool

I've been having problems with the shifting on the front mech of my new bike, a 105 FD 5800. The Shimano manual recommends using this to sort the cable run out. Only a few quid so I've just sent for one.

I want to go back to working on my bikes in the last century :blush:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Got one of these on Tues and tried it out today. I was disappointed when it arrived as it's thin and has a really clingy band. However after 5 mins both ways I forgot about the band and it kept me very warm whilst not feeling bulky under the helmet. It's won me over.
View attachment 500766

I saw this post this morning and as a result The Fragrant MrsP and I bought one each.
I also bought the TSB Bike insurance today as well.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Last post on lights, but I’ve just seen this on the Book of Faces from Chilli Tech - I’ve got one of their bullet cameras. If the advert is accurate, I’m impressed with battery life on high setting for the larger battery.

“CREE 960 Lumens Light END OF SEASON SALE (Limited Stock) NOW JUST £33 for 2500mAh Battery (2.5hrs Burntime) or £43 for 5200mAh (5.5hrs Burntime on full 960 Lumens) https://chilli-tech.com/content/960-lumens-cree-bike-light-also-450-lumens-100-lumens-mode-dip/

pjd57

Veteran
After much deliberation I ordered a new pannier bag for my hybrid.
The old Altura one is about 14 years old and shows it.

Didn't fancy cheap ones.
Wouldn't pay daft money so settled for ETC bag at about £35 .
First impression is good.
Will I get 10+ years of regular use out of it......

8mph

Veteran
Weldtite Lithium grease, 1/4" bearings, 3/16" bearings and a headset spacer kit - one 26 x 2.2" Continental Ride Cruiser tyre

Drago

Legendary Member
A waterproof helmet cover. The eggheads are warning us of rising sea levels etc, so thought I'd better get ahead of the curve.

Bought a natty hi vis one, and that's all the shop sells. Luckily their cheapest one was a perfect fit for my Uvex road lid, it could be tailor made, so a fiver lighter but now safe from flooding,

A waterproof helmet cover. The eggheads are warning us of rising sea levels etc, so thought I'd better get ahead of the curve.

Bought a natty hi vis one, and that's all the shop sells. Luckily their cheapest one was a perfect fit for my Uvex road lid, it could be tailor made, so a fiver lighter but now safe from flooding,
Must admit i have never seen the point of those things.
Do you have hair?
Isn't hair essentially waterproof?
Cycling through a 3 hour pourdown in the dales the other day i didn't see any sheep with hats (tho i do often get the idea that supposedly stupid sheep are looking me as some sort of moron struggling up a hill in the rain)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Two bottle cages for the Domane.

Colour co-ordinated I hope.

There is pressure to look the part when you have an expensive bike.

I ordered two Ortlieb Sport Roller panniers from my local bike shop yesterday.

My trunk bag will have to go because it's contributing to my difficulties in getting on and off the bike.

The Ortliebs are small for a pannier - 12.5l - which is what I want because one will be permanently mounted on the bike for the carriage of a few bits and pieces, and small pint of milk food shops.

The bike shop will match online prices or close to them, and it saves me the faff of having stuff delivered.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Some 5/32" Weldtite caged 1" headset bearings and a Fibrax branded Sturmey Archer gear cable for my Raleigh roadster - plus a couple of spares as I got a multibuy discount. I was pleasantly surprised to see the words "made in the UK" on the gear cables. Don't know if they are NOS or still actually made here now but I'd rather buy British than Chinese.

Tenkaykev

Guru
A lovely soft View attachment 507169

“buff” for less than 3 euros

That's a lovely colour /pattern 👍

I've acquired a few over the years including a hybrid extra long merino one for winter use.

I like ones with colours that complement the bike I'm riding, but my favourite is the one I got at a running race here in Dorset. It has a print of the Cerne Abbas Giant in all his glory 😊

EDIT:
I suppose that makes me a bit of a d*ck head 😉

Top Bottom