What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8mph

Veteran
I know that feeling, my Holdsworth cost me £30 and I suspect I have spent £300 ish on it. However I do have a bike I love riding customised for me and all fixable by me is required.

I'm running 700c wheels on it for now, but have 26 to go back on it for the winter.

Is it a 700c with long reach caliper brakes style conversion?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Shimano BB-72 (no point going for the BB-91 is there? :laugh:)

The the current BB (which im guessing is a BB-71) has run its course and now making some pretty loud squeaking and crunching noises. First official BB replacement since i got the bike in late 2015/early 2016)

What’s the code @Tenkaykev?

rivers

How far can I go?
Apidura frame bag hydration bladder. Expensive for what it is, but also allows me to utilise the small amount of space I have in my frame bag efficiently, while carrying a decent amount of water

Tenkaykev

Guru
What’s the code @Tenkaykev?

I like Dashel, I had cause to contact them a few years ago when I had a query about which shade of red their helmet was ( I had a ballot entry to the BWC and wanted the exact shade of red to match my CHPT3 ). They got back to me and gave me the RAL number, they also mentioned that they had a Carbon fibre prototype in the CHPT3 red that they'd made for CHPT3 / Brompton which was the exact shade and they said I could have it at a discount. Unfortunately it was the wrong size for me. It seems a shame that for whatever reason Brompton / CHPT3 decided to go with Thousand instead of a UK manufacturer.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looking for decent bar tape for son no. 2's BeOne turned a bit more expensive as he'll need a pump plus adapter:
  • Supacaz Black/Red bar tape
  • Joe Blow Sport pump
  • Topeak disc adapter
That'll set him up pump-wise for university. Just needs a toolbox now.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Fresh bearings for the hubs on the commuter. I would like a new wheelset but the H Plus Son's still have so much life left in them - Hubs might not be the greatest but they are still going after so many years so just a refresh to push some more miles.

1654558965488.png

About £18 in bearings. Easier to swallow than the cost of a new wheelset.

(Probably didnt need to change the bearings but these Koyo's are probably hundreds of times better than whatever is in them old and budget friendly Novatec hubs)

Sallar55

Veteran
The search for new pedals is over, tried Decathlon in Sammur as its a big one. No decent ones for toeclips, found a bike shop between Leclercs and Decathlon other half bought pedals, new shoes and a retro cycling cap. Will see if they are good, Allen key fitting at both ends of pedal body is a plus, able to service?

Top Bottom