What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

8mph

Veteran
This 29w folding solar panel from Amazon.

The reviews are pretty good and it seemed like a bargain at that price. I hope it works, it's not the lightest at 700g but hopefully better than carrying something that doesn't charge.

Gwylan

Veteran
New bar ends and the plan to cut a few cms─ about 3 off each end.

The existing arrangement really hurts my hands after a few miles or a bit if bumpy toad. Hopefully these new ones will make life easier - and improve the handling.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
As the works pension lump sum hit my account on Friday it was time for a few treats from my wish list

New prescription cycle specs (Oakly Flak 2.0XL in Yellow) from Extreme Eyewear
2 x GP4 Seasons 32mm tyres, set of 4 Swissstop brake pads & Park tyre levers & patches (admittedly these were to take the order over £100 to get a £10 discount) from Sigma Sports
2 x Jack Brown Race Tyres from Planet X

Not for the bike:
Anker Earbuds for use at work
BTCC Tickets for Silverstone in September

8mph

Veteran
I sold a bike today, cancelled an order for a second hand dynamo wheel, returned a folding solar panel and bought a brand new handbuilt Wheelset.

Trying to set up a dynamo on the cheap has been a bit of a run around, so I spent a tad more and think I've done alright in terms of price / quality.

DT Swiss R353 32 hole rims laced to SP PL-8 front dynamo and LX rear hub with DT Champion and Alpine spokes.

£209 inc free postage.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just had a rummage in the bike bits drawer, the Fizik saddle on the new bike doesn't suit me so I need to swap it out. I've got a Brooks B17 which I've been trying to break in on the Turbo, a Charge Spoon, and a Charge Pan. I'll swap them out for a week or so at a time and see which one is best suited, or do I bite the bullet and order a C17...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Two sets of brake and gear cable outers and inners. Son no. 2's Be one needs new bar tape and I'm not sure we've changed the cables for 8000+ miles so it's time they were done. Just not before this weekend's CiCLE Classic or the Irish Junior nationals a week later.

My NeilPryde is getting a partial Dura-Ace upgrade and I'll take the opportunity to change the cables as I'm not sure the outers have ever been done :huh:

Sixmile

Veteran
IMG_20220616_092151158.jpg

I may be trailer addicted. Trailer no 3 in to fleet. This time its a used Burley Tail Wagon for our recently arrived pooch. Not sure how long he'll be able to use it but we'll get the summer out of it at the very leash..

Top Bottom