What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
I have this issue on my Holdsworth using gears, I have to be extra extra careful to make sure it's fastened up extra tight

I found using high quality QRs made a big difference, Shimano seem to work best, not only do they have a great cam mechanism but they also tend to be made from steel rather than aluminium so the serrations grip the dropouts better. The worst possible options are the cheap/lightweight open cam mechanisms which have been popular for a while.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
I found using high quality QRs made a big difference, Shimano seem to work best, not only do they have a great cam mechanism but they also tend to be made from steel rather than aluminium so the serrations grip the dropouts better. The worst possible options are the cheap/lightweight open cam mechanisms which have been popular for a while.

I did buy some from Spa a month or so ago with Internal Cams and steel in all the right places. They are much better. I will probably eventually get some good quality shimano ones.

Sallar55

Veteran
Decathlon to the rescue, XT brake pads. Last 2 sets they had.

DSC_1486.JPG

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
A bunch of stuff!
8 spd chain for recent project, likewise 2x brake levers, 2x mechanical disc calipers and discs. Some copper slip, Teflon grease and dispenser gun, lake shoes as I like these ones although already have a cpl of pairs they are down to 75 quid on sale at sigma. Fiber grip. Mitts.

Alex321

Veteran
A bunch of stuff. All fitted by my LBS, in the process of repairing it after my crash of a few weeks ago.

Altogether, they replaced:
LH crank,
Rear disc rotor (and pads),
Chain,
Cassette,
Rear mech,
Hanger,
Dropout,
Front gear cable,
Headset bearings.
The headset bearings and cassette weren't strictly crash damage, but the rest were. It bounced hard (as did I).

The drivetrain bits being replaced were all Shimano 105 (7000 series). Total cost (including labour) was £362. Most of which will be claimed from insurance

Top Bottom