What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fenix BC30 v2 bike light - spending my amazon vouchers ! Should arrive later today.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Got any fitted pics ? So we can be the judge 😎
Here you go...
?hash=871167615b3bc74ecd8fb0468bbadaa3.jpg

Nanos (4).jpg

Attachments

• Nanos (3).jpg
    Nanos (3).jpg
    167 KB · Views: 1

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Two x Cateye computer Magnets / Sensors: for non Cateye computers on these two bikes (Presume any magnet will work ?).

And a handful of Duracell 2032 batteries to renew both sender unit and computer units on all 3 bikes….

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The paint I picked up for the Thompson Capella is only half-correct, so I've had to buy a better-matching non-metallic blue rather than the metallic that didn't match as well as hoped.

Whilst hunting for paint a Dura-Ace crankset popped up at a decent price, so bought that as well. That'll do for the Capella build; just need a pair of shifters now.

Oh, and I got a decent discount on a pair of Dura-Ace brake calipers. Again they'll go nicely on the Capella. At the same time I picked up a set of lightweight gear and brake cable inner/outers.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Spending a bit more than I'd hoped I've picked up a pair of Dura-Ace shifters - not perfect condition but they'll do. Along with that a couple of cable adjusters.

All parts bought now, just need them to arrive and some time to do the build.

Edited: Also threw in offers for the Dura-Ace crankset and brakes they had on sale, which were accepted, so bought those as well. It'll mean upgrades for a different bike and some parts to be sold at a later date.

Last edited:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
ISM PS 2.0 saddle.jpg
A new saddle - ISM PS 2.0 to replace the ISM Road that I've used since 2012 and which has supported me for over 50,000 miles.
I had trouble sourcing one, as I needed it in white to match the bike, but found it on ISM's own site at a very cheap price on a "No Returns, No Refunds" basis. I took a chance and ordered one, and it looks brand-new and perfect. No idea why it was so cheap.

Jameshow

Veteran
Question about ebay

I've brought a bike on eBay £40 and usually pay cash but the guy wants payment in advance he says...

I've always had payments via Ebay as they suggest that's the safest way.
Ebay hold the payment until collection, so if you don't take the bike, Ebay won't release the funds to me.

Is that true?

Cheers James

Question about ebay

I've brought a bike on eBay £40 and usually pay cash but the guy wants payment in advance he says...

Ebay hold the payment until collection, so if you don't take the bike, Ebay won't release the funds to me.

Is that true?

Cheers James

A payment in cash, in advance, rings BIG warning bells.
If paying in cash it needs to happen when both seller and buyer are present and the item being bought/sold is present, too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Question about ebay

Is that true?

Cheers James

Are you meeting in person or is he sending it? If the latter, pay by Paypal using a credit card (cash only for in person transactions)

Jameshow

Veteran
Meeting in person to pick up.

I would usually pay cash.

My concern was that if I pay him and he doesn't supply the address I've lost the cash??

vickster

Legendary Member

My concern was that if I pay him and he doesn't supply the address I've lost the cash??

Just pay cash when he hands it over. No need to pay in advance. Is he local?
Sounds fishy

davidphilips

Veteran

If you pay with paypa lin advance then the only one taking a chance is the seller, if you dont get the bike you can claim your money back and if you do collect the bike if you where dishonest you could still claim your money back. Theres no way i would send cash before i went to collect a bike.

Top Bottom