What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Just received a dummy hub, so I can degrease the chain without contaminating the disc brakes. Now to figure out how to do the cassette...

Last edited:
A new 11sp chain. I could only find a cassette of the ratio I needed on line though so I am waiting on it being dispatched; hopefully I won't need it but it'll be there if the new chain slips on the old cassette.
OT, I put Squirt wax lube on my commuter a month or two back when I put a new chain on it and I've only had to top it up as a precaution after riding through floods so I might treat this chain the same way.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A rear derailleur and cassette bought cheaply-enough via eBay.

Plus, like others, I picked up a pile of things from PlanetX's sale - some Viner Mitus bits just in case they go under and maintenance stuff. However, they don't seem to have much stock left.

Also, a pile of little bits from Swinnerton including a Ridley Helium bracket that the seller didn't provide in the box, then Hermes lost en route to me. And some carbon headset spacers.

That'll do for today ...

Last edited:
Not for my bike, but then, not my money:
2023_06_09_WIBFMBT.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
New shiny for the Van Nicholas.
m4vzk2.jpg

Sick and tired of replacing Hollowtech II bottom brackets every few months, so swapped to square taper.
The crankset, Spa Cycles own, replaces an Ultegra one of which was worn and of whitch I'm bored of the plain, dark grey.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Oxford Aqua Evo handlebar bag, as in pic. 9L, IPX6 level waterproofing, nicely put together, and got it for under £30 delivered. Will do nicely for the forthcoming Fridays tour (this very Friday), can shift some of the weight from the panniers and will fit all the bikes.
6134565-ol955-2--.jpg

Top Bottom